Ready to share some sweet compliments for your girlfriend?
Relationships are hard work. They take time, energy, and commitment. If you don’t take the time to make your girlfriend feel special, you could lose her.
Of course, there’s lots of ways that you can make a girl feel special.
Take her out, shower her with gifts, spend quality time, introduce her to your family – the list goes on and on.
But one thing you can do for your girlfriend on a daily basis is to give her compliments.
Compliments are free, don’t take any extra time or energy, and can help to keep your relationship strong and healthy.
Why It’s Important to Compliment Your Girlfriend
In a relationship, we all want to feel loved and appreciated. Compliments can help to do that.
Think about the last time you received a compliment – be it from your partner, a friend, a family member, a co-worker, or even a stranger.
How did it make you feel? It probably boosted your mood, improved your day, and made you feel more confident in yourself.
Well, isn’t that a feeling you want to give your girlfriend each and every day?
Compliments are an easy way to show your girlfriend that you care for them, that they are appreciated, that they are understood, and that they are important to you.
A simple compliment can make your partner feel closer and more bonded to you. Compliments can increase our emotional bond, our emotional and physical intimacy, and can encourage an overall more positive relationship.
Can You Over Compliment Your Girlfriend?
While some may debate this, we say yes – you actually can over compliment your girlfriend.
You want to compliment your girlfriend a lot, but you also want those compliments to be genuine. If every other sentence coming out of your mouth is a compliment, she may become desensitized or not take you seriously.
So while we do encourage compliments each and every day, you don’t want to over-compliment either.
How can you make sure over-complimenting doesn’t happen?
Just keep your compliments genuine.
If you have to try to “think of” a compliment to give her, don’t give it.
Give a compliment only when it comes to mind naturally. If you’re thinking, “wow, she looks amazing today” – tell her.
If you’re thinking “wow, she worked really hard on that project and I’m proud of her – tell her”. So long as the compliments are real and genuine, they are safe and uplifting.
What Should You Compliment Your Girlfriend On?
There’s really no limitations on what you can compliment your girlfriend on. If a compliment comes to mind, we say give it to her.
With that being said, here are some things that men commonly compliment women on:
Did your girlfriend spend hours getting ready for your date night? Does she look extra dashing tonight? Is she rocking a new outfit? Or maybe she’s looking beautiful with no makeup on.
Women love to be complimented on their looks.
As women, we all want to be desired and to feel beautiful.
No matter how long you’ve been in a relationship, we all want to know that our boyfriend is still attracted to us.
Beautiful, stunning, gorgeous, sexy, hot – these are all things we are longing to be called.
Aside from the way she looks, why did you fall for your girlfriend?
Is she a genuine person? Maybe she has a big heart? Is she kind and compassionate? Maybe she’s really optimistic and hard-working.
Whatever it is, your girlfriend wants to know what makes them special in your eyes.
Complimenting your partner on their character signifies that you accept and love them for who they are, and can shine a positive energy on the day.
The Little Things They Do
What little things does your girlfriend do that makes you feel special?
Does she make you coffee every morning? Or send you sweet text messages?
Maybe you love that she takes extra time out of her busy schedule to spend quality time together. Or plans special dates for the two of you.
As a couple, little things make a big difference. So let her know that you notice all the little things she does for you.
By shining a light on the things she does, you will not only brighten her day, but will make her more likely to do the same things in future.
When To Use Compliments For Girlfriend?
One mistake that many men make is leaving special moments for special occasions.
Don’t wait for Valentine’s day or a birthday to let your girlfriend know that you appreciate her.
This is something that you should be doing on a daily basis.
Again, make sure that you’re complimenting her on something that you notice and something that you mean.
Did she get a new haircut? She’s wearing a new dress? She went out of her way to do something nice for you?
If it comes from the heart, she’ll know it’s sincere.
Nice Compliments To Give Your Girlfriend
Having trouble coming up with compliments?
As we said a million times above, we say sincerity above all else. But if your brain is completely blanking on you, here are some compliments to get you started:
- You look so beautiful today
- Wow! That red dress looks stunning on you!
- Did you do something different today? You’re glowing.
- You have the most beautiful smile.
- Thank you for being such an amazing friend to me.
- I just want you to know that I feel so lucky to be with you.
- You are so kind, always doing everything for everyone else. What can I do for you?
- You make me a better person.
- You are a bright light in my world.
- Your mind is as sexy as your body.
- You are a great cook. Thank you for making us amazing dinners.
- You love that perfume you’re wearing today, you smell amazing.
- Just so you know, you’re the only woman I see.
- You are so sexy!
- You have a beautiful smile.
- You are incredibly smart.
- Your eyes are so captivating.
- You have a kind and compassionate heart.
- I love your sense of humor.
- You are an amazing listener.
- You have such a unique and creative perspective.
- You make me a better person.
- You have a stunning sense of style.
- You have a contagious energy that brightens up any room.
- I admire your courage and strength.
- You are always so thoughtful and considerate.
- You have a beautiful soul.
- You are my best friend.
- I love the way you make me feel when I’m around you.
- You are incredibly talented.
- I’m constantly in awe of your grace and poise.
- You are the most beautiful person, inside and out.
- You have a heart of gold.
- You are an incredible partner.
- You are the most amazing woman I’ve ever met.
- I love your laugh, it’s so infectious.
- You are so inspiring and motivating.
- You always know how to make me feel better.
- I’m so grateful for your love and support.
- You have such a positive outlook on life.
- You are my sunshine on a cloudy day.
- You have a magnetic personality that draws people to you.
- I’m so lucky to have you in my life.
- You are simply perfect just the way you are.
Of course, the list of compliments you can give your girlfriend goes on and on. Use the ones above as a reference point, and let the compliments flow! Your relationship will thank you for it.