A bucket list is a written list of your dreams, goals, achievements and experiences you want to complete within your lifetime. Having a bucket list acts as a reminder of what is truly important to you and encourages a plan of action to get there. Setting up your own Bucket List for Couples together can be a fun way to experience lots of adventures together. If you’re looking for Couples Bucket List Ideas, continue on and start making yours today!
Unlike a traditional ‘to-do’ list, which is usually constrained to a context such as work or chores, a bucket list allows you to explore all aspects of your life, big and small.
How To Create A Bucket List For Couples
Creating a couple’s bucket list is an enjoyable way to spend an at-home date evening. Compiling a list will solidify your joint ambitions and highlight the areas you have in common. This can help you bond and plan for the future.
A rewarding relationship will be based on all the experiences and memories that you create together. Planning your future adventures and events to look forward to will help you get to know each other better as a couple. Your list should bring you significant clarity in your relationship.
Your bucket list can be as fun or serious as you wish, but it should contain items where you are both in agreement. Try to include as much variety as possible. Your bucket list should be a set of enjoyable goals that ignite a passion. Assembling a list of everything you want to do before you die may seem morbid at first, but you should think of it as a plan of all the future highlights you hope for in life. Some aspects you may wish to get started on straight away, whereas others on your list may be things you want to accomplish years from now.
Couples Bucket List Ideas
Your list should be unique to you as a couple, but here a few ideas to get you started!
- – Travel- Travel is always no.1 on the majority of bucket lists! Perhaps there is a city, landmark or country you have always wanted to see. Pick places that excite both of you. Include as much detail as possible, like activities you will do, landmarks you will visit and even dishes you would like to try! Not sure where to choose? Add taking a random trip to your bucket list for a truly exhilarating experience! You could take a pin out and place it at random on a globe or in an atlas. Or you could show up to the airport and book tickets for the next available flight.
- – Marriage- For unmarried couples- perhaps this is a conversation you have already had, or if you are a newer couple, something you have shied around from! Getting married is a common entry on bucket lists. Ensure you are both on the same page and have a mature conversation. It’s a pretty exciting one to add to your joint bucket list! You could even go a step further and talk about when you anticipate marriage happening for you, or where you would like to get married.
- – Children -Again, whether you want children is one of the significant issues couples face. If you do both want children in the future, it’s a thrilling life goal to add to your list. You could even have fun discussing how many children you want to have, and play around with baby names!
- – Housing- Many people will have to improve their living situation on their wish lists! This could be something small like getting a new sofa or re-decorating your bedroom. Some couples may have larger housing goals, such as getting a larger property or even moving somewhere wholly new altogether! These things take time and financial planning so ensure you have a clearly defined goal and time scale.
- – Career- It is essential as a couple that you understand and support each other’s professional goals. Ask each other how you can help and discuss what challenges you may find along the way. Many couples prefer to keep their personal and professional lives separate but discussing your career aspirations can deepen your connection and understanding of your parner.
- – Financial- Money is the number one cause of arguments and break-ups amongst couples. Avoid falling into this trap through clear communication and honesty. You may have financial goals to add to your bucket list such as paying off a debt or having a specified amount in your savings account.
- Fun Activities – Although your bucket list should include some more serious, long-term goals, make sure you create some fun entries too! These may include activities and dates you have always wanted to try together.
Some ideas you may wish to include:
-A spa day or couples massage
– Take a dance class
– Try karaoke
– See a show or concert
– Visit a museum or art gallery
- Personal- You may have personal or health goals which are shared as a couple. This could be for you both to lose weight or cut down on your alcohol consumption. Many couples have intertwined routines and develop similar patterns regarding health, food and activity. This means you are more likely to achieve your goals in these areas by committing to them together and holding each other accountable. Other personal bucket list goals may be to improve on a skill, such as cooking, or participating in charity or volunteer work. Personal aspirations may also include qualifications.
How Do You Make A Couple’s Bucket List?
Are you struggling for inspiration? Try asking each other the following questions:
– What would you do if you had unlimited funds?
– What would you do if you found out you had a year to live?
– What are your biggest goals?
– What type of experiences do you want to have together as a couple?
– What are the priorities in your life?
– What would you change about yourself?
– What do you most highly value?
Bucket List Ideas For Couples Examples
Life Long Bucket List For Couples In Love
Fall In Love
Go On A Double Date
Plan A Wedding
Have An Awesome Honeymoon
Sex on the Beach
Date Night Every Week
Raise Children Together
Buy Our Own House
Make It Our Dream House
Adopt A Pet
Write Each Other Love Letters
Find A New Hobby Together
Create Photobooks Of Each Year Of Our Relationship
Celebrate Our 50 Year Anniversary
Write Our Story For Our Grandkids
Watch Our Grandkids Grow
Kiss In The Rain
Renew Our Vows
Plan Our Future
Start A Business
Spend Time With Family
Midnight Kisses On New Year’s Eve
Be Debt Free
Visit all 50 US States
Put Our Feet In Every Ocean
Step On All 7 Continents
Fly First Class
Drive Across The Country
See The Wonders Of The World
Live In Another Country For A Month
Spend Our Whole Summer At The Beach
Float In The Dead Sea
See The Glow Worms In A Cave
Take A Selfie With A Kangaroo
Do Mud Masks In The Blue Lagoon
Drive The Road To Hauna In Maui
Make A Wish In The Trevi Fountain
Chase and Find The Northern Lights
Stand On Top Of The Eiffel Tower
Seattle Space Needle
Eat Dinner On Top Of The Sears Tower
Climb The Statue Of Liberty
See Machu Picchu, Peru
Hold A Kuala Bear
Go Dog Sledding In Finland
Ride Camels In Dubai
Take An RV Road Trip
Hike To Natural Hot Springs
Ride in a Hot Air Balloon
Climb A Glacier
Pilot An Airplane
Ride In A Helicopter
Sleep On The Beach
Go On An African Safari
Swim With Dolphins
Sleep In An Ice Castle
Go On A Cruise
Make A Date Jar
Stay In A Cool AirBnB
Ride Snow Mobiles
Fly First Class
Stay In An Overwater Bungalow
Swim In An Infinity Pool
Join The Mile High Club
Watch All The Best Picture Movies
Try The Craziest Foods
Ride On A Yacht
Start Our Own Business
Go Island Hopping
Surprise Someone With A Life Changing Gift
Go Scuba Diving
Go Skinny Dipping
Go Shark Cage Diving
Visit The Drive-In Theater
Go Horseback Riding
Go Apple Picking
Try Ice Fishing
Go Bungee Jumping
Go On An Epic Road Trip
Go Whale Watching
Sleep In A Castle
Go On A Wine Tour
Eat In An Underwater Restaurant
Go Kayaking Together
Try Stand Up Paddle Boarding
Escape An Escape Room
Make A Time Capsule
Ride On A Hovercraft
Enjoy A Weekend Away With No Phone
Have A “Yes” Day
Get A Couples Massage
Do Alphabet Dating
Flip A Coin To See Where We End Up – Quarter Date
Go Deep Sea Fishing
Go To A Professional Game For Each Sport
See The Sunrise and Sunset The Same Day
Do An Obstacle Run Together
Shower In A Waterfall
See An Eclipse
Climb A Volcano
Stay In A Tree House
Stay In A Tiny House
Sleep In A Glass Igloo
Visit Each Other’s Hometowns With A Tour
Surprise Each Other
Achieve An “Impossible” Goal
Go Cliff Jumping
See The Olympics
Take these ideas and get your own couples bucket list going. This could be a really fun date idea too. Pour yourself your favorite drink, put on some music, and enjoy thinking of fun things you want to accomplish together in your lifetime.