If you’re looking for the best garter removal song or garter toss song to complete your wedding song list and you want it to be fun and upbeat, you’re in the right place. These garter throw songs are perfect for your big day.
No matter what type of music you and your spouse love, there’s sure to be a great garter toss song out there that will get everyone on their feet. From classic rock songs to modern pop anthems, we’ve got you covered. So without further ado, here are the best garter toss songs for your wedding!
What is a Garter Toss?
The garter toss involves the groom removing the bride’s garter. It is then tossed into a crowd of single men. As with the bouquet toss, the one to catch is said to be the next to get married!
Thinking of switching it up a bit? We have a great post of Garter Toss Alternatives to check out.
Garter Toss Music
Although traditional, it’s entirely up to you if you wish to include this event on your wedding day. Many modern brides now choose to leave this out and feel it is a little ‘tacky’ and old-fashioned.
Other bride’s feel like this is an integral part of the day and adds a little light-heartedness to the event. If you choose to have a garter toss at your wedding, you’ll need to pick the perfect musical accompaniment.
If you really want to put on a show, you may wish to choose separate songs, one for your garter removal and one for your garter toss. Remember to let your band or DJ know your plans- so they can get the songs and timings just right. Alternatively, use Spotify to compile a playlist.
There are a few things to consider whilst planning your garter toss music. First of all, there’s your audience. If there are a number of elderly people and children on your guest list, you may wish to avoid anything risque.
Another aspect to consider is your chosen theme. Pick something in keeping, so the evening flows well. For instance, if you are having a very traditional wedding, you may avoid modern/pop songs. Folk music is perfect for a festival themed wedding, whereas country music is well-suited for rustic celebrations.
Don’t forget to check out your bouquet toss songs!
Here are some great ideas for garter removal songs:
Sexy Songs For Garter Toss
A sensual song is perfect for confident bride’s who love to be the centre of attention!
- Let’s Get It On- Marvin Gaye
- Hot In Here- Nelly
- Dirty- Christina Aguilera
- You Sexy Thing- Hot Chocolate
- Sexual Healing- Marvin Gaye
- Bootylicious- Destinys Child
- Lady Marmalade – Christina Aguilera, Mya, Pink, Lil Kim & Missy Elliott
- Sexy Back- Justin Timberlake
- Pony – Ginuwine
Funny Songs For The Garter Removal
Give a light-hearted, fun feel to your wedding reception with a funny garter toss track.
- James Bond Theme
- Who Let The Dogs Out- Baha Men
- Sexy And I Know it -LFMAO
- Pink Panther Theme
- I’m Too Sexy – Right Said Fred
- Can’t Touch This- MC Hammer
- Another One Bites The Dust- Queen
- Get Lucky – Pharell & Daft Punk
- Danger Zone – Kenny Loggins
- Mission Impossible Theme Song
Party Staters For The Garter Throw
Involve your guests, and encourage everyone to the dancefloor with a party starting hit.
- Pink- Get This Party Started
- Outkast- I Like The Way You Move
- Madonna- Like a Virgin
- Cyndi Lauper- Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
- Kelis – Milkshake
- Pony- Ginuwine
- Shania Twain- Man I Feel Like A Woman
- Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) – Beyonce
- Let’s Get Married- Jagged Edge
- I Got A Feeling- Black Eyed Peas
You’ll want to make sure you have the right song for this occasion; these are some of the most popular wedding songs when it comes time for the garter toss!
Ready to finish your wedding song list?