Want some good Questions To Ask Your Crush?
So you have a crush on someone and they’ve started talking to you – that’s great! Building a strong friendship is the first step towards a potential relationship.
But in order to build a strong friendship and connection, you need to talk. Unfortunately, that’s not something that all of us are good at – especially when it comes to talking to our crushes.
Talking to our crush at all can be stressful and anxiety ridden – let alone holding a full blown conversation with our crushes. But here’s the good news – if you really want to score points with your crush, all you have to do is let them talk!
And if you’re curious how they’re feeling check out these signs he likes you but is playing it cool.
People (both men and women) love to talk about themselves. By letting them do that, you’re showing them that you are interested in what they have to say – and that goes a long way when it comes to looking for a potential mate.
Questions To Ask Your Crush
So what do you talk about? Just ask them questions! Here are some great questions to ask your crush to get the conversation flowing and learn more about them (and to see if they’re into you):
Ice Breaker Questions To Ask A Guy You Like
- Hey! How are you doing today?
- How was your day?
- What did you do today?
- Where are you originally from?
- What do you do for work/where do you go to school?
- What do you hope to do for work in the future?
- Do you have any pets? What are their names?
- Are you a dog person or a cat person?
- What do you like to do in your spare time?
- What’s your favorite food?
- Who is your favorite band/artist?
- What kind of movies do you like?
- Do you have any siblings?
- Do you have any tattoos?
- Do you like sports?
- What’s your favorite childhood memory?
- What’s something that people often think about you that’s not true?
- Who is your best friend?
- Are you more spontaneous? Or are you a planner?
- What does your name mean? Do you know the story behind it?
- Do you enjoy cooking?
- What’s the most amazing thing you’ve ever done?
- Do you have a favorite tv show?
- Who is your celebrity crush?
- What’s the most spontaneous thing you’ve ever done?
Okay, so now you’ve broken the ice and the conversation is flowing. If you’ve talked about all of the questions above, you’ve probably been talking for at least a few days now. So now it’s time to get to know them a little better:
Things To Ask Your Crush to Get to Know Them Better
- What is your relationship with your parents like?
- What was your childhood like?
- What are your religious beliefs?
- Do you believe in an afterlife?
- Tell me about someone you look up to.
- Have you ever lost someone very close to you?
- What are you passionate about?
- Do you think you are a more guarded person? Or a trusting one?
- What are your hobbies?
- How would your friends describe you?
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
- Do you foresee children (or more children) in your future?
- What’s your biggest regret in life?
- If you had to set 5 goals for yourself right now, what would they be?
- What does a day in your life look like?
- Do you have any insecurities about yourself?
- What do you value most in your friendships?
- What are your core values in life?
- What are your favorite qualities about yourself?
- What qualities do you like to see in other people?
Once you’ve started to get to know your crush better, you can dive into some deeper questions. These can generate some powerful conversations to help you feel out whether the two of you are compatible or not:
Deep Questions to Ask Your Crush
- What do you think happens when we die?
- What do you think the purpose of life is?
- What’s the meaning of your life?
- What are your thoughts on politics?
- What is something that you wish people knew about you?
- How do you cope when times get tough?
- How do you handle arguments?
- What keeps you up at night?
- If you could leave a mark on the world, what mark would you want to leave?
- What are your greatest fears?
- Have you ever stopped talking to a friend? Why?
- Is there anything in your life that you’re holding onto that’s holding you back?
- How big do you think the universe is?
- Do you believe in soulmates?
- Do you think Artificial Intelligence is taking over the world?
Okay, now you’ve started to go pretty deep with your crush. You’re still crushing on them and they’re still talking to you – great! Let’s start getting a little more personal:
Good Questions to Ask Your Crush – Personal/Relationship
- How many serious relationships have you been in?
- What was your last relationship like?
- Why did your last relationship end?
- What did you like about your ex? What did you dislike about them?
- What was your first kiss like?
- What do you value in a relationship?
- What qualities do you find important in a partner?
- Do you have any deal breakers?
- What’s the most important aspect of a relationship?
- Do you have any couples that you aspire to be like? Why?
- What physical qualities do you find most attractive?
- Have you ever been cheated on?
- Have you ever cheated on someone?
- What boundaries do you hold in a relationship?
- What would your ex say is your best/worst quality?
If you’re still talking to your crush after all these questions, it’s safe to say that they’re probably somewhat interested in you too. Otherwise, why are they wasting their time? So now it’s time to get a little flirty to find out if they’re interested in a potential date:
Flirty Questions to Ask your Crush
- What’s your dream date? (maybe I can take you on it one day?)
- What’s your favorite restaurant? (maybe I can treat you for dinner?)
- Do you believe in love at first sight?
- Do you like to snuggle?
- Do you consider yourself a good kisser?
- What have you told your friends about me?
- Is there anyone you’re interested in potentially dating right now?
- What are you doing this weekend?
- When can I see you next?
- How might someone know if you like them?
- What are your thoughts about intimacy?
- How would you feel if I told you I want to kiss you?
- I think I might have a crush on you, how do you feel about that?
- Do you even realize how much I enjoy talking to you?
- Do you feel as connected as I do right now?
Once you’ve asked these final questions, you’ll have a pretty good intuition as to whether you’ve been “friend zoned” or whether you should ask your crush on a date. Either way, you win – you’ve either gained a new friend, or a potential dating partner!
Sara, a seasoned expert in wedding planning and date ideas, brings a wealth of experience to our couples blog. With a background in the television industry and hands-on involvement in a dozen weddings, including working as a wedding assistant on "My Fair Wedding with David Tutera," Sara has an innate understanding of the magic that makes weddings truly special. Growing up with four sisters has given her unique insights into the dating world, making her a go-to source for practical and heartfelt dating advice. Her knowledge and enthusiasm make her the perfect guide for couples seeking to infuse their relationships with creativity and love.