Looking for a little help to start the conversations during your next trip? Try these fun Road Trip Questions For Couples to add to your list of fun relationship questions games.
Ever been on a road trip with your significant other? If not, I recommend it! It’s a lot of fun. But if you have, did you ever get stuck in that awkward silence when one person is trying to think of something to talk about and the other person is just staring out the window? Maybe we can help.
One thing that can be difficult when it comes to traveling with your significant other is finding something to talk about.
This list of road trip questions for couples will help get the conversation flowing and give you some ideas on what not to say.
Here are some questions for couples who want to make their next road trip more enjoyable:
Questions For The Road Trip/ Travel Questions
1) What are you most looking forward to?
2) What are some of your biggest fears while traveling together?
3) Have you ever been pulled over by the cops for speeding or other traffic violations, if so what happened and how did that change your perspective on driving safety?
4) What is your favorite food to eat on the road trip?
5) What is your least favorite food to eat on the road trip?
6) Have you ever ran over an animal, and if so what happened?
7) Have you ever had a near death experience while driving, and if so what happened?
8) Do you prefer music or podcasts for car rides?
9) If we were going to drive from New York City to San Francisco, how long do you think that would take us in terms of hours/days/weeks?
10) What are some of your most memorable travel experiences?
11) If you could go on a road trip anywhere, where would you want to go and why?
12) Where would be our dream vacation spot together?
13) If we were to go on another road trip together, where would we go first ____ ____ _____?
14) If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
15) Who is the better driver, and why?
16) What are your top three favorite U.S states?
17) What would you do if money was no option for this road trip, and we could travel in any way that we wanted to?
18) How much time did it take us to get from point A to point B when driving together in the past?
19) What is the best road trip movie?
20) What are your top three favorite U.S cities to visit and why?
21) If we could travel in time, when would you want to go if anywhere and why?
22) What’s a good book or podcast that you’ve been wanting me to check out for our next trip?
23) Is there a destination that we went to together in the past and you would like to go back to and why?
24) What is your favorite memory from any of our trips/vacations together, and what made it so memorable for you?
25) What do you think makes this road trip so special to us?
26) What are some of your favorite things about me when we travel together, and how does it make our relationship stronger?
27) What’s a cool fact that I probably don’t know about where we’re going on this road trip?
28) What is the most challenging thing about traveling together, and how can we make it easier for each other on our next adventure?
29) If you could wave a magic wand and change one thing about traveling with me, what would that be?
30) Are we there yet? (JK! Seeing if you’re paying attention)
31) What are some of your favorite memories from our past trips together to help inspire us for this one?
32) On a scale of one to ten, what would you rate how much fun we have when traveling together in general on average out of ten?
33) Is there anything that I can do to help out more when we’re on the road together?
34) How can I make this trip even better than the last one(s)?
35) What are our deal breakers while traveling together?
36) Who is the more relaxed traveler?
37) How do you make a good travel playlist?
38) What is your favorite part about going on road trips in general, and why does it make you feel so free?
39) If we could only ever have one car/truck for the rest of our lives together, what would that vehicle be?
40) Are there any activities that you would like to try while we’re out traveling together?
41) What’s the longest car ride that we’ve ever taken together?
42) Do you think it’s better or worse to travel with someone that you’re dating?
43) Do you think it’s best to do road trips in the Summer, Fall, Winter or Spring?
44) Would you rather fly and be there already?
45) Is it about the journey or the destination?
46) What is the longest time that you’ve gone without seeing me, and how did it make you feel?
47) If we were to go on another road trip together after this one, what would be your ideal travel schedule look like for us?
48) What are some of your favorite things about traveling now that we’re together instead of solo?
49) Would you ever sell everything and travel full-time?
50) Are you more interested in domestic or international travel?
Questions About The Relationship
1) Who loves the other more?
2) What’s the last movie we watched together?
3) Who has the better taste in music: me or you?
4) What were you feeling just before/after we said “I love you” for the first time?
5) Do you want kids someday, and if so how many do you think is ideal for us?
6) Which one of us is more likely to win at any game we play against each other (board games, cards)?
7) What’s one thing you both agree on but haven’t talked about in a while?
8) How can we make this relationship stronger?
9) When do we plan to start a family?
10) What’s one thing that makes us unique as a couple together?
11) What do you think I could work on to be a better partner?
12) What’s one thing that makes this relationship worth it for both of us together?
13) Who is the more responsible person in our family, and why?
14) How can we incorporate romance into our lives as a couple more often?
15) What are some of the things you like about me?
16) What’s one thing you would change about yourself if it were possible?
17) If we could get away with something illegal, what would we try and do together (without getting caught)?
18) Have I ever said or done anything that embarrassed you in public?
19) What would be the most fun thing we could do together right now, and is it legal?
20) If we were to get a divorce, what things about our relationship would you never forget or let go of (both positive experiences and negative)?
21) What are some of the best experiences that we’ve had together?
22) What is something I do that you think makes me weird to other people but not to you?
23) If someone was writing a book about our relationship, what would be important for them to include in it so future generations could learn from us as a couple?
24) Who says sorry first?
25) If I was going away for a long period of time (because of work or school), what is one thing that could make it easier for me to be gone from you? 26) What do people notice about us as a couple when we are in public together?
27) What is something that you feel like I should know about your life before I met you, but have never told me?
28) If our relationship could be reduced to one word or phrase, what would it be and why?
29) Who do you think has the easier job day-to-day, and why?
30) What is one thing that you admire about me as a person?
31) If we could pick any celebrity to be our third wheel for the day or weekend, who would it be and what would they do with us together?
32) How happy are you in this relationship on average (like percentage out of 100)?
33) If you could change one thing about our relationship, what would it be and why?
34) What’s your favorite activity that we do together as a couple (that’s not in the bedroom)?
35) Who is the more stubborn person in this relationship, and who gives up on arguments first most often?
36) What is one thing you wish I didn’t do or say that often (or at all)?
37) Who has the worst temper in this relationship, and who does it take less than a day to get over things with?
38) How can we deal with conflict better as a couple moving forward together?
39) What does your ideal dream home look like as a family together?
40) How often do we fight or bicker with each other (on average)?
41) Do you think we each put in the same effort for this relationship?
42) When was the last time I said something that made you feel really good about our relationship?
43) What is one way that I can think of to make this relationship better moving forward together?
44) How do you show me love when we are in public or not alone with each other?
45) Who’s your favorite celebrity couple, and why do they get along so well?
46) What is one thing that you wish I would do more often as a partner, and what’s the reason behind it?
47) When was the last time we went on an adventure together (that wasn’t work or school related)?
48) What is your love language and what makes you feel most loved?
49) What are some of the things that I do for you on a daily basis that you appreciate?
50) What is one thing I always forget to help with around the house, and how can we work together as a team to remember it more often?
Random Car Ride Questions
1) Who is one person who has influenced the way that you live your life, and how have they done so?
2) What are some of your earliest memories?
3) Where would you like to move in your future (state/country/city)?
4) What would be your ideal job?
5) What was your favorite movie as a kid?
6) Who’s your favorite actor/actress and why?
7) Do you believe in ghosts?
8) What’s one embarrassing moment from when we were younger that we’ve never told each other about?
9) If we were stranded on a desert island, what five foods would we need?
10) What’s your favorite book and why is it your favorite book?
11) What was the last movie you saw in theaters and what did you think of it?
12) What is your favorite song right now and why?
13) What are your three favorite movies of all time and why?
14) If you could have a superpower, what would it be and why?
15) What’s the most recent book you read that you liked or didn’t like?
16) Which animal would you want to be and why?
17) What is one thing that makes you proud of yourself as a person, even if no one else knows about it?
18) If we could have two more people live with us in our apartment/house who wouldn’t be related to either of us, who would they be and what would they be like?
19) What was your favorite memory from when you were a kid growing up?
20) If we could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
21) Who is one person who has impacted your life as a friend, family member or someone else important to you and how have they done so?
22) What is one goal that you have for yourself this year or in the near future, and what will it take to reach that goal?
23) If you could only eat three foods for the rest of your life, what would they be and why?
24) Who do you look up to most as a person?
25) What is the most important thing that you think everyone should learn in order to be a happy person throughout their lives?
26) Who do you consider your best friend out of all our friends, and why are they your best friend?
27) When was the last time I said something that made you laugh really hard?
28) What is one thing that I do to make you feel taken care of in our relationship?
29) If we could have two pets, what would they be and why?
30) Do you believe in the afterlife or reincarnation? Why or why not?
31) What gives your life meaning and makes all of the hard things worth it?
32) What is one thing that you love about yourself?
33) What makes you unique?
34) What are some of your dreams that you have for yourself or our relationship?
35) If we could only be neighbors with one other person, who would it be and why?
36) What’s something that I do to take care of myself physically/mentally/spiritually every week without fail?
37) Where is the best place that we have ever traveled together?
38) What is one thing you do to take care of yourself physically/mentally/spiritually every week without fail?
39) If you could be a part of any reality TV show, which would it be and why?
40) If you could spend one day with any celebrity, who would it be and what would you do?
41) If we had to get rid of all our furniture except for one piece that was strictly used just for sitting on, which piece would it be and why?
42) What is your favorite memory from spending time together over the past year?
43) What do you think makes us stand out as a couple among others in our friend group and why are we so different from everyone else?
44) If money wasn’t an issue, what would be one thing that you have always wanted to buy for yourself or someone special in your life but never had the means/opportunity to do so?
45) What is one of your biggest fears and what helps you get through it on a day-to-day basis?
46) If we could become any animal for 24 hours, which would we choose to be and why?
47) How often are you able to practice mindfulness in daily life?
48) Do you keep your promises to yourself? What are one or two of the most important promises that you make to yourself on a regular basis?
49) If there was another person who looked exactly like you, would you try to do a switching places stunt?
50) What is your favorite way to spend a day off from work/school with me without having to leave the apartment/house?
51) Where do you see yourself in five years time both personally and professionally?
52) What is one thing that you feel like I don’t do enough of and what can we try to change this?
53) What makes me a great partner, friend or family member in your life and why do you love being around me most of the time?
54) How often are we able to make plans for our future together (i.e., where do you see us in five years, what are your goals for the next five years etc.)?
55) What is one thing that I have done to support you through a difficult time recently and how did it help you out?
56) What is one of your biggest fears for us as a couple in the future and how can we overcome this together?
57) What do I always say that makes you feel most loved by me when you hear it?
58) What is something that you do for me all of the time without being asked to and how does this make me feel when I receive it from you?
59) How often are we able to turn off our phones/computers (if applicable), ignore what’s going on in other parts of our lives, and fully be present with each other?
60) What is one of your favorite things about me as a person?
Fun or Funny Road Trip Questions
1) Who do you think is more likely to win in a fight between Batman or Superman?
2) What would be your ideal superpower?
3) What silly law would you make if you became president?
4) What is one major difference between your parents and our parents?
5) If you could be any famous person for the day, who would you choose?
6) Who would win…Godzilla or King Kong?
7) If you could switch bodies with someone else for one day, who would it be?
8) If you could touch anything and turn it into anything you want, what would everything change into?
9) If you could have one non-human best friend, what would they be and why?
10) If aliens came to earth right now, would you cooperate or try to fight?
11) If you could change your name to anything, what would it be?
12) Who is your favorite Bible character and why?
13) If you could drive any car on the road right now, what would it be?
14) If you could only choose one, would you want to be able to fly or breathe underwater?
15) Would you eat a bug if it landed in your favorite food, and you were never going to be able to eat that food again?
16) If you could choose what your face looked like forever, would there be any changes that you’d make?
17) If your pet could talk, what would you do with them first?
The best way to create a stronger, more intimate bond with your partner is by spending quality time together.
When we asked our friends what they would do if money was no object when planning their next vacation, one of them said that she’d take her husband on an adventure-filled road trip across America.
That sounds like something both of us could get behind! The idea of exploring new places while bonding makes this type of travel sound perfect for couples who are looking to grow closer together as individuals or as partners. We hope these random questions have given you some fun ideas about how to spend quality time with each other without having any distractions.