If you are a fun-loving couple, who doesn’t take themselves too seriously, you may want to include some funny songs for weddings in your wedding songs list. Weddings can be a stressful and serious event, so funny music can help put your guests at ease. It also reminds them that they are there to have fun!
Funny songs give you a chance to pick something unique and express your personalities a little more than with traditional wedding music. It can also lighten the atmosphere and make the event more memorable.
Ask Your Guests
Add a spot for song suggestions on your wedding website so the guest can help you make a great playlist including some funny and amusing songs to dance to.
For those thinking about including some funny songs in their wedding, consider your guest list first. Some music may be thought of as inappropriate for children. Other songs may embarrass older relatives.
Here are some moments during your day where you can introduce amusing music, along with our top song picks:
Bride & Groom Wedding Reception Entrance-
By the time you reach your wedding reception entrance, the stress of the ceremony is over, and it’s time to relax and enjoy yourselves. A funny song will set the mood for a party.
- Another One Bites the Dust – Queen
- Gold Digger – Kanye West
- Eye of the Tiger – Survivor
- Walk It Out – Unk
- Mario Brothers “game over” theme song
- “Rocky” Theme Song
- Walk This Way – Aerosmith
- It’s The End Of The World As We Know It – R.E.M.
- Never gonna give you up – Rick Astley
- I Wanna Grow Old With You- Adam Sandler
- Death of a Bachelor – Panic! At the Disco
Bridal Party Entrance
The bridal party tends to be full of energy and ready to have fun, so pick a song to match their vibe! Something a little flirty/sexy but in a lighthearted way works well here.
- Storm Trooper March
- I’m a Believer – Smashmouth
- Can’t Stop The Feeling – JT
- Let’s Get It Started- Black Eyed Peas
- You Gotta Fight For Your Right To Party – Beastie Boys
- Girls Just Wanna Have Fun – Cyndi Lauper
- Run The World (Girls) – Beyonce
- Don’t Cha – Pussycat Dolls
- Man, I Feel Like a Woman – Shania Twain
The Cutting of the Cake
The cutting of the cake is always a sweet moment. It can also be a little awkward and funny! Choose a song related to cake/desserts for a bit o tongue-in-cheek humor.
- Yummy- Justin Bieber
- Cake by the Ocean – DNCE
- Sugar – Maroon 5
Other Wedding Cake Cutting Songs.
The Bouquet Toss
The bouquet toss is for all the single women in your life. Pick something upbeat, that’s all about female empowerment. Anything by Beyonce will be perfect for this! Check out these other funny bouquet toss songs for your wedding.
- Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) – Beyonce
- I’m Every Woman – Chaka Khan
- Independent Women – Destinys Child
The Garter Toss
The garter toss is an opportunity to go for something a little risque and cheeky. We have a whole list of great Garter Toss Songs, but here are some examples you can use.
- Sexy & I Know It- LMFAO
- Sexual Healing – Marvin Gaye
- Sex on Fire- Kings of Leon
- Another One Bites The Dust- Queen
- Honky Tonk Badonkadonk – Trace Adkins
- Can’t Touch This – MC Hammer
The Dance Floor
The dancefloor is arguably the best time to incorporate funny songs into your wedding. You may wish to include a funny song which has a dance routine everyone knows so all your guests can get involved.
- Macarena – Los Del Rio
- Cotton Eyed Joe – Rednex
- Reach – S Club 7
- Dancing Queen – Abba
Bride & Groom Send-Off
The happy couple leaving their reception can be an emotional moment for some. End the day on a high, with some cheery, amusing music to accompany your exit.
- Happy – Pharrell
- Bye Bye Bye – N’Sync
- Walking on Sunshine – Katrina & The Waves
The best part about being able to choose your own music at your wedding is that you can make it personal to you and your guests. Adding in a bit of humor can make your guests remember having lots of fun at your wedding and talking about it for a long time.