The best Bridal Showers end with a sweet treat. Just like weddings, Bridal Showers tend to include cake. However, this is a less formal celebration, so you have a lot more options! So bridal shower cupcakes are perfect!
When choosing your Bridal shower dessert, you will need to consider:
- Number of guests
- Dietary Requirements
- Bridal Shower Themes and Colors
- The Bride’s tastes
Cupcakes have surged in popularity over the last few years, with more options available than ever before.
Why cupcakes make the perfect dessert for Bridal Showers:
- Individual Portions- Cupcakes are pre-packaged as individual portions. This makes them easier to hand out and even for your guests to take one home if there is enough! Cupcakes are also much more convenient to eat than a traditional cake, as they don’t require plates and cutlery. Eating from a plate stood up can be a little awkward, and even stop guests from mingling as much.
- Portion Planning- It is much easier to plan how many cupcakes you will need than judge how big a cake will serve a group.
- Dietary Requirements- Cupcakes are a simpler option when catering to your guest’s dietary requirements and personal tastes. You don’t need to choose simply ‘chocolate’ or ‘vanilla’, you can offer various flavours and types to suit everyone. This not only pleases all guests, but makes your cupcakes more fun, and a conversation point as your guests discuss their favourites! Pre-portioned desserts are also ideal for those who are watching their weight.
- Creativity- Cupcakes are more versatile than a traditional cake, so this really gives you the chance to get creative and pick something unique for your Bridal Shower. Cupcakes can be easily customised with fillings, casings, toppings etc.
- Easy Transport- Transporting your dessert is often something people overlook! If you are moving your dessert from a bakery or between houses, this can be difficult and stressful. There is a lot of pressure not to ruin a large, expensive cake. Traditional cakes can be heavier than you would expect! Cupcakes on the other hand, are light and can be easily boxed up for easy transportation.
- No Cutting Required- Cutting the cake at a wedding can be a romantic tradition, but elsewhere this can be more of a hassle! Cutting the cake at a Bridal Shower can be stressful. Figuring out who wants a slice, how big everyone’s portion should be etc. takes up valuable time which should be spent having fun!
- Consistency- With a cupcake option, you guarantee all guests get the same portion of dessert. If you have to cut the cake, it may be unevenly distributed and with different amounts of frosting. This may not bother your adult guests (unless they have a really sweet tooth!) but may upset children if you are saving them a slice.
- Make your Own- Making a traditional cake is a big-ask for those of us without much baking experience! Pretty much anyone can make cupcakes, and there are endless recipes and inspiration online. Baking your own dessert not only saves on cost but gives you a chance to get creative, and produce something unique for the Bride. A handmade dessert also makes a thoughtful gesture.
Best Bridal Shower Cupcake Recipes:
There are countless options for cupcake recipes which are delicious and creative. Ask your guests for any dietary requirements in advance, so you are well prepared. Here are some ideas to get you started choosing your Bridal Shower cupcakes:
- Gluten-Free- Who said gluten-free had to be boring! If any of your guests have a gluten intolerance, they will love these cupcakes. There are some unique and delicious recipes such as pink lemonade, strawberry and coconut.
- Champagne- Champagne is the ultimate flavour for luxury and celebration. A glamorous bride will love a champagne flavoured cupcake! These cakes really suit the theme if you are having a brunch and bubbly theme.
- Vegan- Cater for your Vegan guests with a recipe for vegan gluten-free cupcakes.
- Unique Shapes- Depending on how confident a baker you are, you may wish to experiment with different shaped cupcakes, such as wedding dress or engagement rings.
- Colors- If the Bride has a color scheme or theme for a wedding, it’s a nice touch to provide matching cupcakes. Try a recipe for strawberry and cream cupcakes, perfect for pink color schemes, and summery celebrations!
- Toppings- Make each cupcake a work of art by adding individual toppings such as sweets, fruits or nuts. You could even experiment with edible glitter, or stencils for your topper.
- Cupcake Liners- Cupcake liners are another chance to make your dessert look truly special. Try a pretty lace casing to add a sense of occasion to your cakes.
- Toppers- Cupcake toppers are an effortless way to add a wow factor to your dessert.
- Try new flavours- Try a completely unique flavour which is sure to get your guests talking! Experiment with different combinations, while trying to include flavors, you know the Bride enjoys.
Best Cupcakes For A Wedding Shower
Bridal Shower Cupcakes
Photo Credit: www.thekitchenismyplayground.com
Salted Caramel Cupcakes with Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting
Photo Credit: www.frugalmomeh.com