Love notes are a surefire way to make your partner feel special. But while love notes used to be a major thing, it now seems like they’re a thing of the past. Text messaging has taken over – and we are not all for it!
The classic love note is a classic for a reason – it’s personal, it’s sweet, it’s romantic – all the things that text messages are not. So if you want to express your emotions to your partner, write them a real love note! Here’s the 101 lowdown on everything love notes:
Love Note vs. Text
We can not express how much we love the idea of writing an old fashioned love note! A love note is a great way to express your emotions, and is such a romantic thing to do.
Sure, a text message expressing your love is sweet and will probably make your partner feel great. But is it romantic? Definitely not.
Use text messages to express your everyday feelings to your partner (I love you, I miss you, etc.). But when you really want to pour your heart out – go with a love note.
Not only are love notes way more romantic than text messages, but who wants to read a 10 page text? Even if they do, text messages can often be misconstrued.
How many times have you sent a text message meaning something one way that was taken way out of context by the reader? It happens all the time! With a classic love note, the recipient knows the only tone is a loving one.
Why Love Notes Are Romantic
A love note lasts forever. When you send a text message or email, it stays there for a while, but eventually it will disappear.
A love letter (or note) is something that is tangible. You can keep it away in a little memory box and it will last forever. When you’re 90 years old, you can pull out your memory box and read how your partner felt about you so many years ago.
Not only that, but love notes show effort. Anyone can write a text message or email. But a love note requires you to go that little extra mile to let someone know you care. Trust us – it will be worth your time.
When Should You Write a Love Note?
Anytime is a good time to write a love note.
People often write love notes just to express their emotions. If you’re feeling an overwhelming amount of love, affection, or appreciation towards someone, that’s a great time to let them know. This is true at the beginning of a relationship, or 50 years in.
Lots of people also like to write love notes when they have trouble expressing their emotions. Perhaps you’ve been with someone a while now and can’t find a way to vocalize how you feel.
A love note is a great way to put your feelings on paper and express everything you’re feeling.
Of course, some people also write love notes as apologies. If you are feeling bad about an argument you’ve had with your partner, you might express your feelings and apologies in a letter.
There’s literally never a bad time for a love note!
How to write a Love Note
Here’s the great thing about writing a love note – it goes so far and requires so little from you.
A love note is one of the most romantic gestures that you can do and it doesn’t cost you a penny. All you need is a pen, a paper, and your feelings!
When it comes to writing a love note, don’t rush it. You want your love note to be heartfelt and full of emotion.
The key to writing a good love note is simple – just write what you feel. Are you feeling appreciative of something they do for you? Do you feel super super close and open with them right now?
Or maybe you’re even starting to fall in love! Whatever it is you’re feeling, now’s the time to let it all out.
Not sure what you want to say? No problem! Grab a pen and paper and just start writing. “To the one I admire most; I’m writing you this letter to express my feelings to you….” or start with an easy one…”I love you because…”
You’ll be shocked at how quickly the words start flowing once you just start writing.
Love Note Ideas
One of the best things about a love note is that you can write anything you want in it. You can use some of the starters below and then let your emotions flow.
- To the love of my life. I just wanted to write you this note to thank you for being the better part of me for so long. We’ve come so far since we first met, and I love you even more now than I did back then…..
- Good morning babe. I just wanted to leave you a note to start your morning off right. I hope you have a wonderful day and I just want to tell you what you mean to me…..
- Hey you. I know that we haven’t been together that long, but I wanted to tell you how thankful I am everyday that we met. I know we have so far to grow, but you inspire me everyday. I love everything about you. I love your eyes, the way you smile….
- Hey babe. I know that it can sometimes be difficult for me to express my emotions, so I thought I’d try something new. Maybe a love note will help me express how much you mean to me….
- I know that our relationship has been a little rocky lately, but I want you to know how much I love you. We may fight, we may get upset with each other, but through it all, I need you to know that my love for you never waivers. I want to make this better between us….
Use the prompts above to get your emotions flowing. Then, just write from the heart. Try our reasons why I love you to get some more ideas too!