Looking for Relationship Affirmations? Below are a few you can try.
We’re all plagued by negative self talk and self thoughts. But when negativity arises, it’s important that we don’t let it overtake our lives. Negative thoughts can put a damper on our mood, affect the way we see ourselves, and affect the way we treat others.
So when you notice negativity setting it, it’s important to tackle it head on – especially if it’s affecting your relationship. Many professionals recommend trying affirmations to help change the way you speak to yourself.
What are Affirmations?
Affirmations are positive statements that we can speak to ourselves to boost our self-confidence and esteem.
These affirmations can be used to help us improve the way that we think and look at ourselves, and to help us overcome the negative thoughts that come into our mind.
“I am beautiful” is an example of positive self-affirmation.
How do Affirmations Work?
Affirmations help to train your brain. Your brain is neuroplastic. This means that it has the ability to adapt and change for as long as you live. When you provide yourself with consistent affirmations, you alter your subconscious thoughts.
The more you tell yourself that you are beautiful, the more your mind will start to believe it’s true. Eventually, your positive thoughts will become your reality, and you won’t have to deal with the negative voice in your head telling you that you aren’t beautiful anymore.
What are Relationship Affirmations?
Self-Affirmations are affirmations that are dealing with the way you look at yourself.
“I am beautiful”
“I am confident”
“I am deserving”
These are all self affirmations to change the way that you view your own self.
Relationship affirmations then, are designed to change the way that you see your relationship.
Perhaps you don’t think that anyone could ever love you. You need a relationship affirmation like, “I am deserving of love”.
Maybe you need to feel closer to your partner. In this case you could use an affirmation like, “I feel closer to my partner everyday”.
Relationship affirmations work the same way that self-affirmations work. The more you say them to yourself, the more your brain will begin to believe they are true, and the more they will start to manifest themselves in real life.
Let’s take a look at some different relationship affirmations that you can try.
For our purposes, we’ll break down these affirmations into two categories: Love Manifestation Affirmations (for those looking for love) and Relationship Manifestations (for those who want to improve their existing relationship).
Love Manifestation Affirmations:
- I am deserving of love
- I am deserving of the compliments that I receive
- I am worthy of love and affection
- I am open to love
- I am ready to find true love
- I believe that true love does exist
- I am letting go of my hurtful past and opening myself up for love
- I am ready to make love a priority
- I am deserving of love as I am
- I am going to spread love and be open to love in return
- I am happy with myself and ready to let someone special into my life
- I am deserving of fairy tale love
- I am ready to make time for love
- I am open to attracting my soulmate
- Dating is fun and exciting
- I am ready to allow a deeper intimacy into my life
- I am ready to be open with a worthy partner
- I am deserving of someone to treat me with love, kindness, and acceptance
- I respect myself and I will not tolerate being treated with disrespect by anyone
- I am a great catch
- The Universe is leading me towards love
- I am ready for a real commitment
Positive Affirmations for Relationships:
- My relationship is strong
- My relationship can withstand hard times
- I trust my partner with my heart
- I am grateful for my partner and the love they share
- My partner and I have a strong relationship
- My partner and I are always strengthening our love for one another
- I am able to communicate my needs with my partner effectively
- I am able to draw healthy boundaries with my partner when I need to
- I will feel closer to my partner everyday
- I will work to improve my relationship every single day
- I am open and honest with my partner
- I am an amazing lover
- I am a worthy partner
- I deserve my partners love and affection
- I am loved and cherished by my partner
- My partner’s feelings are important to me
- My partner’s needs are important to me
- I will make time for quality time spent with my partner
- My partner is my priority
- I am deserving of a happy, healthy relationship
- I am my partner’s biggest support system
- I value the commitment I made to my partner
- I enjoy spending time with my best friend/partner
- I am devoted to my partner
- My partner is sacred to me
- The love between my partner and I is stronger than our fights
- I am open to the unconditional love that my partner provides
- I will continue to support and uplift my partner
If you’re feeling a little negativity seeping into your thoughts about your relationship, it might be time to try some relationship affirmations.
Likewise, if you are having trouble attracting love, or don’t feel like you are deserving of love, affirmations may be able to help you manifest it into your life.
How do you use Affirmations?
You can use positive affirmations in two different ways.
Firstly, you can use them regularly and repetitively. Every morning, stand in the mirror and speak your affirmations out loud. Write them down throughout the day.
Repeat them to yourself before you go to bed. The more you speak your affirmations to yourself, the more they will become reinforced in your subconscious.
You can also use them in place of a negative thought.
Let’s say, for example, that you and your partner are struggling to communicate during a fight. You are starting to feel like your relationship is crumbling and the negative thoughts are creeping in – it’s time for an affirmation.
Change, “I don’t think this is going to work out”, to “My relationship is stronger than our disagreements”.
Anytime you feel a negative thought about your relationship creeping in, replace it with a positive one. You will see the results!
Maybe you need to share words of affirmation directly to your partner. Try these words of affirmation for him and words of affirmation for her for some more ideas on how to build each other up…especially if it’s their love language.
Remember, you can also do affirmations with your partner. If there’s any aspect of your relationship that you want to work on, you can work on them together through couple affirmations.
Sara, a seasoned expert in wedding planning and date ideas, brings a wealth of experience to our couples blog. With a background in the television industry and hands-on involvement in a dozen weddings, including working as a wedding assistant on "My Fair Wedding with David Tutera," Sara has an innate understanding of the magic that makes weddings truly special. Growing up with four sisters has given her unique insights into the dating world, making her a go-to source for practical and heartfelt dating advice. Her knowledge and enthusiasm make her the perfect guide for couples seeking to infuse their relationships with creativity and love.