Missing someone but unsure of how to express it? Here are a few ways to say “I Miss You”.
When you’re in a relationship, it’s important that you communicate your feelings to your partner. Reminding your partner that you love them and miss them is a good way to keep your connection strong even when you can’t be together.
Of course, it’s easy to tell your partner you miss them when they’re gone for long periods, but why not let them know they’re missed today? Whether your partner is on a work trip or simply at work for the day, let them know you’re thinking about them. Here are some different ways to say “I miss you”.
Another Way to Say “I Miss You”
We know, we know – who makes phone calls anymore? Well, call us old fashioned but speaking to someone voice-to-voice is way more personal than a text message – and it might surprise your partner in a great way.
The next time you’re thinking about your boyfriend/girlfriend, spouse, or fiancé, call them and let them know.
Let them know you just wanted to chat. Or if they don’t have time, a simple “I just wanted to call to say I miss you” will work. If they don’t answer, don’t be afraid to leave a good ol’ fashioned voicemail.
If a phone call just doesn’t seem in the cards for you, or if they are hard at work and can’t take a call, an “I miss you” text message is always the next best option.
There’s so many ways that you can say “I miss you” through a text message. It doesn’t have to be a long and drawn out message confessing your love (although that’s great too!).
In fact, sometimes a simple “I miss you” is the best way to go. Here are some other ways to say, “I miss you”:
- I’m thinking about you
- Let’s have a date
- I miss you so much it hurts.
- Just checking in to see how your day is going
- Can’t wait to see you tonight
- I am missing you terribly.
- I feel incomplete without you.
- I am lost without you by my side.
- I was just listening to _____ and it made me think of you
- I’m making your favorite dinner tonight
- I am lonely in your absence.
- Wish I could be with you right now
- I’m jealous of your work team right now
- You are the best part of my day, everyday
- Daydreaming of you tonight
- I miss you like crazy!
- I have a surprise for you tonight!
- I feel lonely without you.
- I wish you were here with me.
- I am missing you with every fiber of my being.
- Your absence weighs heavy on my heart.
- I long for your embrace.
- I yearn for your presence.
- I miss your touch.
- I am missing you more and more each day.
- I ache for your company.
- I pine for your voice.
- I am missing a crucial piece of my life without you.
- I thirst for your kisses.
- I desire your laughter.
- I crave your smile.
- I hunger for our conversations.
- I wish for our adventures together.
- I can’t wait for our intimate moments.
- Your absence leaves a void in my life.
- I am empty without you here.
- I am incomplete without you.
- I can’t wait till you return.
- I am lost without you.
- Nothing is the same without you!
Or tell them what exactly you miss about them…
- I miss your presence.
- I miss hearing your voice.
- I miss your touch.
- I miss your stupid jokes
- I miss our conversations.
- I miss our cuddles.
- I miss your silliness
- I miss your kisses.
- I miss your laugh.
- I miss your smile.
- I miss holding your hand.
- I miss your company.
- I miss our adventures together.
- I miss our intimate moments.
- I miss you more than words can express.
Check out our Reasons Why I Love You post for more ideas!
What’s even better than a text or a call? To actually show up for a face-to-face hug! Of course, this will depend on what your boyfriend is doing at the time – you don’t want to show up to say I miss you if he’s in the middle of an important meeting or class!
But if you know that he’s not overly busy, or know when he’s finished class or has a break, show up and surprise him!
Gain bonus points if you show up with lunch, a treat, or some other small gift to show your affection.
Seeing your partner before they head off for the day?
Slip a little note in their lunchbox or bag!
When they open the bag and see your note, they’ll feel extra special and will know that you’re thinking about them.
Going out of your way to place a note in your partner’s bag is quick and easy, and is a great way to let them know you miss them.
But it shows your partner that you’re willing to go the extra mile to make them feel special.
Of course, you don’t have to leave a note in your partner’s bag or lunchbox. You could also leave a note:
- On their mirror
- On their car
- In the visor
- In their shoe
- On their pillow
- Taped in a cupboard
- On their favorite coffee cup
- Or anywhere else your partner looks regularly!
Get Them A Gift
If you’ve ever received flowers from someone you love for no reason, you know exactly how special it can make you feel.
Little gestures can go a long way, and giving your partner a gift for no occasion is no exception.
Your gift doesn’t have to be lavish.
Their favorite chocolate bar, a little gift box, or a nice plant is plenty enough to let them know that you missed them throughout the day and were thinking of them while they were away.
If you aren’t going to see your partner for a while, perhaps they are away for work or you are in a long distance relationship, you could also mail them a little gift with a note saying “I miss you”.
Here are a few of our favorite gift ideas:
- Gift baskets
- Sexy undies (for you to wear for him)
- Man candles
- His favorite cologne/Her favorite perfume
- Fishing accessories
- Concert tickets
- Love coupon book
- Handheld massager
- A new watch
- A comfortable hoodie
- His favorite food
- Her favorite snacks
Get Them A Gift Card
No, we don’t mean a gift card to Walmart. Get them a gift card for where you want to go on your next date.
Perhaps a bowling alley, the drive-in movie theater, the zoo – wherever! Put the gift card somewhere that they will easily find it and attach a small note letting them know your intentions for your next date.
This will not only let your partner know that you miss them, but also that you are looking forward to your next time spent together.
Do Something Nice For Them
You don’t have to buy your partner something to let them know you’re thinking of them.
Simply do something nice for them while they are gone.
Wash their car, run a bubble bath for them when they get home, give them a 20 minute foot massage, or do their chores for the day.
Small acts of kindness can go a long way in making your partner feel loved, appreciated, and missed.
There are so many ways out there to tell your partner you miss them. But the key isn’t how you do it – it’s how often you do it.
The more you tell your partner you miss them, the more appreciated they will feel, and the better your relationship will be for it.