Looking for group date ideas? Here are a few you can try.
The more the merrier – that’s what we always say! And when it comes to dates, going out with a group of people can be a blast.
And you know that we have all your most exciting date ideas right here! Here are some of our favorite date ideas for larger groups of people.
Group Date Ideas
If you don’t feel like straying too far from home, game nights are always a hit. And when it comes to games, more people definitely equals more fun. Plus, there’s tons of games out there that are designed for larger groups of people.
Pictionary, Scattergories, Family Feud, Apples to Apples, Cards Against Humanity – these are just a few of the many games out there that can keep your group laughing all night long for your game night date night!
Speaking of game night, why not host a murder mystery in your own home? Murder mysteries take game night to a whole new level! Choose a theme and have everyone dress up in character! Then, play out the night to find out who done it. Will it be your partner? Or maybe your best friend? Or maybe it was you! This real life game of clue will keep you laughing all night long!
If you’re looking for food and entertainment, you can combine the two and do a dinner theater group date! Dinner theaters are essentially exactly what they sound like – theatre entertainment that also includes dinner.
For group dates we would highly recommend an interactive dining experience. These types of theater shows get the audience involved, providing good laughs for you and all your friends while you enjoy your meal.
Think you can handle being locked in a room with your friends for an hour? Well, let’s find out! Put your puzzle solving skills to the test to find out which couple is the smartest! In an escape room, you’ll all put your minds together to solve a series of puzzles until you can figure out how to escape.
Of course, there’s lots of different escape rooms out there. From easy to difficult, and child-friendly to horror, there’s an escape room out there for every preference.
Contrary to popular belief, you don’t have to be over the age of 80 to enjoy a game of Bingo. As long as you’re of gambling age, anyone can have some fun yelling “BINGO!” And it’s even funner with a group of friends. Plus who knows, one of you might even go home winning the jackpot!
We know this one’s a classic, but it’s a classic for a reason. Whether it’s a single couple or an entire group of friends, you can’t go wrong with dinner and a movie. Try to find a movie you all enjoy, and then head to the theaters for a night of entertainment.
If you want to do something a little different, you could also do a drive-in theater. Pop open the back of your SUV or make a comfy bed in the back of your truck, bring along some snacks, and enjoy a group date at the drive-in!
Alternatively, you could have a movie night in. Pick your movie to create a theme, and then set up a date night based on that theme. Popular movie themes include 007, Dirty Dancing, Mr. and Mrs. Smith, the Grinch, and so on – the sky is the limit!
If the weather is nice and you have a large group of people, team up and play some sports together! There’s so many different directions you could go with this. A football game, a basketball game, soccer, volleyball – the options are endless! You could also do some classic childhood games like dodgeball or capture the flag.
If you’re up for a good laugh, you could also try something like Nerf tag or Bubble Soccer. Many local arenas have bubble soccer options, you’ll just have to check around and make sure you book ahead!
It’s that awkward moment that we all dread – “how would you like to split up the bill?” If you want to avoid that awkward moment, ditch the restaurant and stay home instead.
In fact, you can have a gourmet buffet style meal in your own home for almost no cost by hosting your own potluck. Bring your signature dish and ask everyone else to bring theirs.
The best thing about a potluck is that the more people there are, the better it is! More people equals more food – and there’s no downfall of more food!
Time to cool off with your besties this summer! As soon as the pool opens up, it’s time for a group date pool party! Break out the bikinis and shorts, fill up a cooler, and get ready to par-tay! Again, there’s so many fun things you can do with a pool party. Pool volleyball, belly flop contests, Freeze tag, Marco Polo – there’s endless ways to have fun.
If you don’t have your own pool, you could also head to the local pool for some fun with others. Or, if you’re of age, hit up a great pool bar in your area!
Of course, we can’t forget about the themed party option. There is never a bad time for a themed party. And there are so many options to choose from.
Host an Alice in Wonderland Picnic! Or a 50’s diner date. Or a dress as your partner party! 70’s parties. 80’s parties. Coachella themed parties. Superhero parties. Game of Thrones. Glow in the Dark. Any party that gives you an excuse to dress to the nines is a great party!
Plus – they’re super fun to plan. So get your creative hat on – and have some fun hosting your own themed parties for you and all of your couple friends.
Head to a trampoline park or indoor playground and spend the day jumping, bouncing, and having fun together. You could also try out different activities there, such as playing dodgeball on the trampolines or trying out the park’s other attractions, such as obstacle courses or foam pits.
Grab dessert (hello, ice cream) or a cold drink to cool down after.
Head to the Beach
Go to the beach and spend the day playing beach games and activities together. You could bring a frisbee, a volleyball, or a soccer ball and play in the sand. You could also go swimming or bodyboarding in the ocean, or build sandcastles and have a sandcastle-building competition.
Have a picnic on the beach and enjoy some food and drinks while you watch the sunset. If the beach allows campfires, you could even build a fire and roast marshmallows or make s’mores for a fun and festive end to the day.
Other Fun Group Date Ideas
- Visit a local museum or art gallery and spend some time browsing the exhibits.
- Attend a sporting event or concert and cheer on your favorite team or artist.
- Go to a trampoline park or indoor playground and have a fun and active day.
- Have a game night and play board games, video games, or other group activities.
- Go to a theme park or amusement park and enjoy the rides and attractions.
- Have a picnic in a local park or outdoor space and enjoy some food and conversation.
- Go to a local farmer’s market or outdoor fair and browse the stalls and vendors.
- Have a movie night and watch a film together at someone’s home or at a local theater.
- Go to a karaoke bar or singing room and belt out your favorite tunes with friends.
- Go on a hiking or nature walk and explore a local trail or park.
- Go to a local arcade or amusement center and play games and win prizes.
- Have a craft night and make something together, such as a scrapbook or a group art project.
- Go to a wine or beer tasting and sample different varieties with friends.
- Go to a escape room and work together to solve puzzles and challenges.
- Have a cooking or baking class and learn how to make a new dish or dessert together.
- Go to a local pool or water park and spend the day swimming and enjoying the water.
- Attend a local festival or fair and enjoy the music, food, and entertainment.
- Go to a bowling alley or mini golf course and have a friendly competition.
- Have a talent show and showcase each other’s talents, such as singing, dancing, or stand-up comedy.
- Go to a local farm or petting zoo and interact with the animals.
- Have a picnic in the park and play outdoor games, such as frisbee, soccer, or basketball.
- Go to a comedy club or open mic night and laugh at the jokes and performances.
- Have a sports day and play different sports, such as tennis, volleyball, or basketball.
- Go to a local flea market or antique shop and hunt for hidden treasures and unique items.
- Attend a local concert or performance and support local artists.
- Go to a bookstore or library and browse the shelves, then have a book club discussion.
- Have a DIY spa day and pamper yourselves with facemasks, massages, and other relaxing treatments.
- Go to a yoga or fitness class and exercise together.
- Attend a local farmers market and buy ingredients to cook a meal together.
- Go to a local park or nature reserve and go birdwatching or stargazing.
When it comes to fun – the more the merrier. Group dates are a great way to spend some quality time with your partner, while at the same time enjoying the company of your friends. Try one of the group dates above and take turns with the other couples planning dates!