Looking for some fun Birthday Date Ideas?
“It’s my party and I’ll cry if I want to”.
But who wants to cry on their birthday? Birthdays are special. And just as you’d like to celebrate yours, it’s important that you take the time to celebrate your partners.
Take a note from us – even if your partner says, “I don’t want anything” – of course they do! We all want to feel special and cared for on our birthday. So how can you make your partner’s birthday a special one?
Birthday Date Ideas: Take Them Out
Sometimes we get so wrapped up in our daily lives that we forget to treat ourselves. Well, our birthday is a great time to treat your partner!
Let them know you’re thinking about them and that you want to spend some quality time together by taking them on a special date. Here are some of our favorite out-of-the-house date ideas for birthdays:
If your partner is busy and works a lot, they probably need to take some time to de-stress. Their birthday is the perfect excuse to do that. So for their birthday, get them a nice massage and spa date.
You can get them an individual massage or opt for a romantic couples massage.
When you’re done, treat yourself to other spa benefits like the steam room, the sauna, some salt therapy, or anything else you can enjoy together that will also relax the body.
A Fancy Restaurant
If there’s ever a time to get dressed up and go to a fancy restaurant, it’s for a birthday. So put on your best dress, let your partner feel at their best, and head to a fancy restaurant that you’ve never taken the time to try before.
Alternatively, you could choose a restaurant that’s meaningful to the two of you – maybe you’ll take your partner to the restaurant where you had your first date?
Try Something Adventurous Together
Adventure makes our adrenaline flow and releases endorphins (feel good hormones) into your body. In return, it brings couples closer together when they engage in adventures with one another.
So for this birthday, we say celebrate and deepen the love that you have for each other by trying something new!
Go rock climbing, jump in the ocean, go skydiving – whatever your level of adventure, just enjoy the ride together.
Birthday Dates: Celebrate At Home
Going out for a birthday is great but let’s be honest – it can be expensive. Fancy restaurants and adventurous skydives aren’t exactly cheap anymore.
The good news is, you don’t have to spend a fortune to make your partner feel special – you can do it right from home!
Here are our favorite low-key, at-home date ideas for a birthday:
Yes, we know it’s on our list twice but that’s because literally anyone can benefit and enjoy a spa date! We know for certain that no one is going to be upset over a massage gift!
But as we all know, the spa is expensive. A simple massage can cost upwards of $100 or more. But you don’t have to spend that – you can pamper your partner with an at home spa day!
Have your partner leave the house for a while and set up a nice “massage room” for them (perhaps in your bedroom).
Make sure the room is clean, dim the lighting, throw on some candles and soft music, and set some massage oil beside the bed. When ready, invite your partner in for a little romantic pampering for yours truly.
Depending on how much you want to do, you could also run a nice hot bubble bath, give them a pedicure, and indulge them in a facial too!
Make A Day Of It
It’s your partner’s special day and it lasts from morning till night – so why not treat them all day long? Start with their favorite breakfast in bed for a bedroom date, then run them a nice hot bubble bath so that they can start the day nice and relaxed.
Then, enjoy a nice picnic lunch together, maybe play some games, Netflix and chill – whatever makes your partner happy! Finally, treat them to their favorite dinner and a nice relaxing massage before bed.
Okay, so this one might cost a bit – but it’s still something fun that you can do at home together.
If you don’t feel like going out for dinner and you don’t feel like cooking, you could have a chef come to your home and cook for you!
This one of a kind, unique experience makes for an awesome birthday present.
Not only will the experience be different than any other, but the food will be amazing and you might even learn some cooking techniques along the way!
A Naughty Night
There’s nothing in the world your partner wants more than a naughty night! So put all plans aside and give them what they want!
Bring yourselves closer together with sexy lingerie, naughty games, and some adult play that will make their birthday memorable.
You can try some fun couples drinking games too!
Birthday Date Ideas For Boyfriend/Girlfriend
If you are looking for some fun and unique birthday date ideas for your boyfriend or girlfriend, we have 30 more ideas you can try.
We all know that birthdays are special, and what better way to celebrate your partner’s special day than by doing something fun and unique together?
Whether you prefer something active, creative, or relaxing, there’s a birthday date idea out there for you and your partner.
- Go on a scavenger hunt around the city, with clues leading to their favorite places
- Take a pottery or painting class together and make something to remember the day
- Rent a boat and spend the day on the water, fishing or just relaxing
- Have a karaoke night at home, with their favorite songs and drinks
- Go on a food tour of the city, trying out different dishes at different restaurants
- Have a themed birthday party, with decorations, costumes, and games
- Rent a vintage car and go for a drive along a scenic route
- Plan a surprise trip to a nearby destination, like a secluded cabin or beach house
- Go to an amusement park or water park and have a fun-filled day of rides and attractions
- Take a dance class together, like salsa or ballroom dancing
- Go to a comedy club or improv show and laugh the night away
- Rent a convertible car and take a road trip to a nearby town or attraction
- Have a DIY craft day, where you make something creative or useful together
- Go on a ghost tour of the city or a haunted attraction
- Have a game day, where you play video games or board games all day
- Go to an outdoor music festival or concert and dance under the stars
- Rent a cabin in the woods and spend the day hiking or exploring the area
- Have a beach day, with a bonfire, s’mores, and stargazing
- Plan a surprise adventure, like bungee jumping, zip lining, or skydiving
- Have a picnic in the park or on the beach
- Rent a tandem bike and go for a ride together
- Go on a brewery or winery tour and tasting
- Take a cooking class together and make a fancy dinner
- Have a movie marathon with all their favorite films
- Take a hot air balloon ride and enjoy the view from above
- Go on a scenic hike or nature walk and have a picnic lunch
- Plan a day trip to a nearby town or city and explore together
- Have a game night with their favorite board games and snacks
- Plan a surprise birthday party with all their friends and family
A Meaningful Present
In our eyes, experiences are always the best way to go for birthdays. But we also understand that not everyone has time to go out. And of course, presents are more than welcome on a birthday.
But if you’re going to get your partner a present for their birthday, we suggest going the sentimental route.
Instead of buying something generic, buy something meaningful. Make your partner a scrapbook, send them love notes, or write a storybook about your love story.
A Surprise Party
Just because you’re on a date doesn’t mean it has to be just the two of you. Surprise parties are always a great way to make someone feel special.
If you can keep a secret, set your loved one up with a surprise party with all of their closest friends and family. That alone is the perfect gift!
There are so many ways to celebrate a birthday with your loved one. Whether you stay home, take them out, get them a nice gift, or give them the gift of loved ones, the only thing that matters is that you put your heart and soul into it.