Want some fun Facetime Date Ideas?
There’s lots of reasons that a couple may not be able to have a face-to-face date. Perhaps you are in a long distance relationship, maybe your partner is away on business, or maybe you just live separately and you’re both busy.
Whatever the reason, it’s important to spend time together even when you can’t “spend time” together. And Facetime is a great way to do that!
What is Facetime?
Facetime is an Audio/Video chatting platform that allows you to make free audio or video calls over your iPhone or iPad. Facetime audio calls work just like a phone call, except they are free even when they are “long-distance”.
Facetime video calls allow you to see the person you are calling in real-time. All you need is an Apple product like an iPhone or iPad and a connection to the internet, and you can see anyone you want anywhere around the world.
Are There Any Facetime Alternatives?
The only downside of Facetime is that both callers must have Apple technology to complete the call. This means that Android users cannot make Facetime audio or video calls on their phones.
The good news is, there’s lots of alternatives for Facetime. The term “Facetime” has virtually become synonymous for any type of platform that offers free audio and video calling. Android users may want to try other platforms like Skype, WhatsApp, or Zoom.
FaceTime Date Ideas
So now you’ve figured out how to make a video call and you’re ready to get your date on! Here are some of our favorite FaceTime date ideas:
Eat Dinner Together
We’re sure you’re both super busy in your daily lives. But one thing we all have to do is eat dinner.
So by eating dinner together, you’re spending the time that you need to grow your relationship without taking any extra time out of your day.
Plus, you’ll be saving money by staying at home and dining together as opposed to going to a fancy restaurant for your date.
If you want to extend the time that you spend with your partner on Facetime, you could cook dinner together too.
The best thing about cooking together over Facetime is that you can cook whatever you want.
Because you’re not face-to-face, you can eat different meals and it’s not an issue if the other person doesn’t like what you’re cooking.
Alternatively, you could both cook the same meal. One person could instruct the other on how to make the meal.
Or you could scour the internet for a new, exciting recipe that you can both try cooking for the first time together over Facetime.
Sometimes when we’re together, our physical attraction for one another can take over, leaving less time for talking.
But Facetime dates are the perfect opportunity to do just that.
Set aside 1-2 hours and just talk to each other. Ask each other funny questions, random questions, serious questions, and questions about your relationship. Use the time to get to know each other on a deeper, more emotional and intellectual level.
Take An Online Class Together
There are tons of different classes out there that you can take online. And if you and your partner are separated by distance, these can be a great way to connect and learn something new together.
The choices are pretty much endless – dance classes, cooking classes, language lessons – the list goes on and on.
Another great option for killing two birds with one stone is working out together over Facetime. You can do your own workouts or join an online workout class together.
Yoga, Pilates, Cardio, Weight Training – the choice is yours. This is something that you can do together on a daily basis to improve your relationship, your body, and your health!
Mix Your Own Cocktails
Okay, so you probably don’t want to get drunk when you’re at home on your own, but you can still enjoy a drink or two together to loosen up and enjoy your night.
But why not try something new?
Take an online mixology course together to learn how to mix your own cocktails.
Maybe you could take a course the first night, the second night you could invent your own cocktails, and the third night you could try each other’s cocktails! You could even name your cocktails after one another!
Have a Fashion Show
In many cases, our partner’s opinion plays a large role in the way that we dress. But if our partner isn’t physically around to let us know, we might miss out on that experience.
So why not host your own Facetime fashion show?
Before the show, pick out something casual, something dressy, something old, something new – your choice – and then put on a show for one another!
This is a great opportunity to boost each other’s confidence even within the physical absence. Plus, you could turn it into a sexy fashion show (if you wanted to).
Movie nights are probably one of the most classic dates, but they can be difficult when you’re hundreds of miles away from one another. Or are they?
You might not be snuggling into one another, but you can still curl up in bed together and watch a good movie. Choose your movie, time it to start the movie at the same second, and then watch it together on Facetime.
Tour Your Town
If one of you is in a new town that hasn’t been explored yet, take your partner on a tour!
Yes, this will require using some of your data, but it will be totally worth it!
Swing your camera around so that your partner can see where you’re walking and then take them on a tour of all the best places in the city. It will be like you are touring it together.
Fall Asleep Together
Okay, Okay, we know this sounds super cheesy, but stick with us here!
Falling asleep together may be one of the most basic things you can do in a relationship, but it’s also one of the most romantic things you can do.
Just because you’re not physically with each other doesn’t mean you can’t fall asleep together.
Set up your phone on your nightstand, turn off the lights, and simply close your eyes together until you meet again in the morning!
Zoom Date Ideas
- Virtual museum or art gallery tour: Pick a museum or art gallery that you both would love to visit, and take a virtual tour together over FaceTime.
- Cook and eat a meal together: Plan a meal together, cook it simultaneously while on FaceTime, and then enjoy it together virtually.
- Play games together: You can play a variety of games virtually like online games, board games, card games, video games or even phone app games.
- Movie night: Decide on a movie, hit play at the same time and watch it together while chatting over FaceTime.
- Virtual karaoke: Sing your hearts out with virtual karaoke on FaceTime. You can even have a competition to see who has the best voice.
- Virtual dance party: Make a playlist of your favorite songs, and have a virtual dance party together.
- Do a puzzle together: Pick a puzzle and work on it together while chatting over FaceTime.
- Take a virtual workout class together: Find a workout video on YouTube or a virtual fitness class and take it together over FaceTime.
- Plan your next vacation: Research and plan your dream vacation together over FaceTime. Plan everything from the hotel to the activities.
- Learn a new skill together: Sign up for an online course together, and learn a new skill over FaceTime like language learning, coding, cooking, painting or anything that interest you both.
- Virtual book club: Pick a book, read it together and then discuss it over FaceTime.
- DIY craft night: Choose a DIY project and work on it together over FaceTime.
- Virtual wine tasting: Buy a few bottles of wine, and taste them together virtually while discussing the notes and flavors.
- Virtual escape room: Book a virtual escape room and work together to solve the puzzles.
- Online shopping: Pick a budget and shop together online. Give each other fashion advice or pick out gifts for each other.
- Virtual game night with friends: Invite friends to join a virtual game night on FaceTime, and play games like trivia, Pictionary or charades.
- Virtual museum date: Choose a museum or exhibit and explore it together over FaceTime.
- Share a playlist: Make a playlist of your favorite songs, share it with each other and listen to it together over FaceTime.
- Virtual ghost tour: Research haunted places in your respective cities and share ghost stories over FaceTime.
- Have a virtual paint and sip night: Buy canvases and painting supplies, and follow a tutorial together over FaceTime while sipping on your favorite beverages.
Just because you’re miles away doesn’t mean that you can’t have fun together. Try one of these cute Facetime dates above and feel closer to your partner than you ever have!