These breakfast date ideas will help mix up your routine! Everyone is talking about date nights, but morning dates are seriously underrated. That is why finding interesting breakfast dates can be challenging. No worries, we have your back!
Why You Should Try Morning Dates
Why would you go on a morning date, though? Many reasons…
Maybe you are a morning person. Have you ever caught yourself yawning at your partner during date night? If you answered yes, why not plan your lovers’ meetings earlier in the day?
Maybe you are bored of the classic evening rendezvous with late night date nights setting and want to shake things up a bit. Or it is the beginning of your relationship, and you wish to try different things to create intimacy.
The morning date also comes with a great bonus. The breakfast, of course! If you are not the type to hang out in a café eating pastries all morning this article is for you.
Breakfast Date Ideas
Here are some unique breakfast date ideas that will give a more thrilling twist to your breakfast date.
Grab your favorite coffee and a croissant and take a romantic stroll
This is the perfect breakfast date idea for those who value simplicity! The food suggestion here is just an example. You can make a stop at your favorite place, take whatever calls to your stomach and begin your stroll.
You can choose a nice park to walk in, walk by the beach, go window-shopping, or discover a scenic promenade.
Make breakfast at home and go for a hike
You can plan a fun hiking date to a place you are both eager to visit. What better way to reward your hard work than by sharing a homemade meal in nature?
Sit among the trees, listen to the soothing sounds of nature, and enjoy each other’s company. Meet up early in the morning to make your breakfast-to-go together!
Exercise, exercise, exercise then grab a bite
Find an activity that suits both of you and dive right in. Have a small pre-workout snack and after all the sweating is over, find a spot at your favorite brunch place.
This breakfast date comes with a bonus!
Exercise has been proven to nudge our brain to release many neurotransmitters, including serotonin, dopamine, and endorphins. These chemicals are responsible for boosting our mood, ensuring your date will be a big success.
Go for a romantic road trip to visit a famous brunch place out of town
You have been dating for a while and have already tried every brunch spot in town? Or are you the type to like a bit of adventure?
Plan ahead for your trip, make a reservation at a well-known place for a brunch date, and activate your explorer mode. You can even turn this into a day-long trip and enjoy plenty of fun activities together.
Have a romantic picnic at the park
This is for the souls that like to romanticize their lives…a romantic picnic date. Invite your date over to pack your breakfast and the rest of your picnic necessities together and head out.
Make sure to check the weather forecast and wear your SPF. You can bring your favorite books, board games, and sketchbooks and admire the nature on the soft grass.
Visit a museum or art gallery and eat at the café
Maybe you both share the same passion for art and culture. Admiring the long history of a sculpture or the craftsmanship of a painting is very romantic.
Also, being surrounded by tourists might make you feel like you are on a vacation yourselves. Many people aren’t aware that big art galleries and museums also have cute cafés.
Go shopping and eating
Shopping with a partner is far better than doing it alone. Why not make it a breakfast date?
You can hit the stores at your favorite mall and take turns trying on (and why not buying) some clothes.
After you have snapped enough selfies and the sneaking together in the changing room is over, you can rest for a coffee and late breakfast or reverse the order. It’s the mall! All the options are at your disposal!
Stay at home for a breakfast date with games
Going out is fun but staying at home also has endless potential for the perfect morning date!
I am sure that after 2020, we have found our ways of having fun inside. Order take-out or cook something together, and then get creative.
You can play board games, watch movies, or get nostalgic talking about your past. You can also spice things up with relationship quizzes or even… get in a lovey-dovey mood.
Try these fun couples relationship questions:
–Who’s Most Likely To Couples Questions
–How Well Do You Know Me? Questions For Couples
–Would You Rather Couples Questions
–Never Have I Ever Questions For Couples
Take your morning date to a themed café
Instead of going to your usual spot, pick a themed café and dive into another world for a few hours.
Apart from the fascinating decoration, most also offer some insane menu proposals. You can even plan to dress according to the theme and get those Instagram-worthy photos.
Combine a quick town brekky with a photo shooting
I am sure you already know some city spots that would be brilliant photo shooting locations.
Rise early, get your glam on, meet your date and take your breakfast to go. You can eat it while walking through town, then strike those poses you have rehearsed the previous day.
Transform your morning date into your Zen morning fantasy
Enroll in an online yoga class with your partner. There are classes offered for couples too.
You can also give meditation a shot.
Connect with your and your partner’s body and calm your mind. Then, you can make your breakfast and eat it while writing your intentions for the day.
Do charity work together and share your breakfast date with others
If you and your partner share a passion for fighting for the causes you believe in, this breakfast date idea is for you.
You can have breakfast on the road to the venue or even share the meal with the other volunteers.
Donating your time to charity together is a deeply bonding experience. It will also raise your appreciation for both yourself and your partner.
More Date Ideas For A Morning Breakfast
- Have a breakfast picnic in a nearby park or garden
- Go to a local farmer’s market and buy fresh ingredients to cook a breakfast feast at home
- Visit a café or bakery and try a variety of pastries and coffee
- Make breakfast smoothies or shakes together and enjoy them on the porch or balcony
- Have a breakfast cook-off and see who can make the most creative and delicious breakfast dish
- Go to a diner or café and order a classic breakfast meal, such as eggs and bacon or pancakes
- Have a breakfast potluck with friends and family and each bring a different dish to share
- Try a new breakfast recipe together and see how it turns out
- Go to a breakfast buffet and try a little bit of everything
- Make breakfast in bed and enjoy it together while lounging in pajamas
- Visit a local farm and pick your own fruits and vegetables for a fresh and healthy breakfast
- Go to a breakfast restaurant that specializes in a certain type of cuisine, such as Mexican or Italian
- Have a breakfast bake-off and see who can make the best quiche, frittata, or casserole
- Go to a breakfast restaurant that has a scenic view, such as a rooftop café or a lakeside diner
- Make breakfast burritos or breakfast sandwiches and eat them while headed out on your morning date
- Have a breakfast buffet at home and set up a variety of options, such as oatmeal, yogurt, fruit, and pastries
- Visit a breakfast buffet that has a variety of international dishes, such as crepes, waffles, and omelets
- Make your own breakfast granola and enjoy it with fresh fruit and yogurt
- Try a breakfast challenge, such as the “Man vs. Food” breakfast platter, and see if you can finish it
- Go to a breakfast restaurant that has live music or entertainment, such as a jazz café or a comedy club
- Have a breakfast cocktail party and try making different breakfast-themed cocktails, such as mimosas or Bloody Marys
- Go to a breakfast restaurant that has a make-your-own waffle or pancake bar
- Try a breakfast-themed food tour and visit a variety of different breakfast spots in your city
- Have a breakfast game night and play fun breakfast-themed games, such as “Name That Breakfast Food” or “Breakfast Trivia”
- Have breakfast for dinner!
Go on! Share these unique breakfast date ideas with your partner and plan your next “date morning”!
You can also generate your own ideas and get creative. Throw in anything you have wanted to do without worrying whether it is date worthy or not.
Remember, the greatest thing about a morning breakfast date is that you kickstart your day by spending time with your loved one. No need to wait for the evening to come!