Are you looking for some would you rather questions for couples for a fun addition to your date idea? Here’s a fun list to try out with your partner.
Playing games with your partner can have many unexpected benefits such as:
- Dedicated time spent together
- Find out how compatible you are as a couple
- Learn more about your partner
- And most importantly… have fun!
How To Play Would You Rather… For Couples
Would you rather is a classic conversational game that is perfect for a couples game night.
It involves taking it in turns to ask each other questions, which have two options. You must pick one of the options each time.
There can be no sitting on the fence by answering ‘both’ or ‘neither!
You can make up questions on the spot, find printables online, or read them off a website.
Would you rather is a completely versatile game. It can be played during a date night at home, over a dinner date, during long journeys or even over the phone.
If you can’t be together, you can even play “Would you Rather” over text, Whatsapp or video chat for a fun long distance relationship game.
This makes it ideal for new couples, long-term couples and long-distance relationships. Would you Rather can be used to kill ten minutes, or as your whole evening’s activity. The possibilities are endless!
Try not to take the game too seriously, and try to remember the main goal here is to have fun and enjoy each other’s company. Keep in mind you are putting your partner on the spot here, so try not to be too judgemental about any of their answers.
If you are looking for deeper conversation, rather than a quickfire round, ask follow up questions (e.g. why is that). This will help you get the most out of the game and feel better connected.
RELATED: Need more questions? Try these fun couples question games:
Getting to Know Each Other Better Questions
- Would you Rather is the perfect opportunity to find out a bit more about your partner- what makes them tick, what they prioritise and how they like to spend their spare time. Ultimately this can help you see how much you have in common and how compatible you are as a couple.
- Would you rather always be late or always be early?
- Would you rather visit Asia or Europe?
- Would you rather get a piercing or a tattoo?
- Would you rather have an expensive gift or a fun experience?
- Would you rather go a year without reading or a year without watching TV?
- Would you rather be an amazing singer or good at sports?
- Would you rather win the lottery or live twice as long?
- Would you rather change your eye color or change your hair color?
- Would you rather give up social media or give up Netflix?
- Would you rather go to an amusement park or to the beach?
- Would you rather always be underdressed or always be overdressed?
Silly & hypothetical questions give you a chance to be a little child-like and let your imaginations run wild. A few light-hearted questions can be a lot of fun and show you don’t take yourselves too seriously.
- Would you rather time travel to 100 years in the past or 100 years into the future?
- Would you rather have the ability to fly or the ability to become invisible?
- Would you rather be 3 foot tall or 8 foot tall?
- Would you rather be constantly tired or constantly hungry?
- Would you rather be fluent in all languages or be able to talk to animals?
- Would you rather never age physically or never age mentally?
- Would you rather be ugly and intelligent or attractive and stupid?
- Would you rather be the same height as your partner or a foot taller than them?
Intimate and sexual questions provide you with a safe place to be completely honest about what you like, what you don’t like and what you would like more of in the bedroom! This game can take the awkwardness out of talking about your sex life and give you more confidence to express yourself. These conversation starters can be a way of flirting with each other and create sexual tension for when you are finished playing.
- Would you rather have great conversation with your partner or a great sex life?
- Would you rather only ever be able to have foreplay or only be able to just have sex?
- Would you rather have mediocre sex every day or amazing sex once a year?
- Would you rather I made the first move or that you did it?
- Would you rather we took a bath or took a shower together?
- Would you rather give up your favorite food forever or give up making love?
- Would you rather dominate your partner or be dominated?
- Would you rather have morning sex or night time sex?
- Would you rather give up kissing or give up sex?
Relationship themed questions are particularly useful for new couples. Find out what kind of partner they are, who their ideal partner is and how much they are likely to prioritise a relationship in their lives.
- Would you rather have a clingy partner or an unaffectionate partner?
- Would you rather love your partner more than they love you or be loved more than you love them?
- Would you rather break someone’s heart or have your heart broken?
- Would you rather stay in or go out for date night?
- Would you rather be in a bad relationship for the rest of your life or be alone for the rest of your life?
- Would you rather find true love or have unlimited wealth?
Deep questions help you learn your partner’s true values and what they want out of life. These can be a great conversation starter for any issues you have wanted to discuss.
- Would you rather have a high-paying job you hate or a low-paying job you love?
- Would you rather lose all of your memories or be unable to make new ones?
- Would you rather marry the love of your life or have your dream career?
- Would you rather be 25 for the rest of your life or 50?
- Would you rather know your cause of death or the date you will die?
- Would you rather have 10 children or no children at all?
- Would you rather lose the last years memories or the last years earnings?