Trying to understand your lady? Try these questions to ask your girlfriend. (Part of our relationship questions series.)
Men often say that they have no idea what a woman wants. But here’s the good news – if you want to know what a woman really wants, all you have to do is ask her!
Contrary to popular belief, there is no “magic” answer to the question, “what do women want?”
Because we’re all different. Of course, we want respect and to be loved and cherished, but who doesn’t? In other senses though, no two women are the same.
Related: Flirty Questions To Ask
Would You Rather Questions For Couples
Yes or No Couples Questions
Questions To Ask Your Girlfriend
If you want to know what we want, just ask us! Get to know us better with these 101 questions:
- What was your childhood like?
- What was your relationship with your parents like as a child?
- What is your relationship with your parents like now?
- How have your parents influenced your views on relationship?
- What is your relationship with your extended family like?
- What are your feelings on having children?
- What are your feelings about marriage?
- What do you think are the most important qualities in a husband?
- Do you have any deal breakers?
- Have you ever lost someone very close to you? How did that impact you?
- What is your most treasured childhood memory?
- What’s the best trip you’ve ever gone on?
- What’s the most exciting thing you’ve ever done?
- Have you ever been attracted to another woman?
- What’s your biggest turn on?
- What are your physical boundaries in bed?
- Do you like PDA? Or is it something I should avoid?
- Is there anything that makes you feel uncomfortable that I should avoid as your partner?
- Do you know what your love language is?
- What can I do to ensure that I speak your love language?
- Are there any questions you’ve wanted to ask me but are scared to?
- Have you ever done any volunteer work?
- Is there any volunteer work you’d like to do in the future?
- If you won a lot of money and had to choose a charity to donate to, which charity would it be and why?
- Have you ever been emotionally devastated from a relationship? How did that change you?
- Do you believe in life after death?
- Do you believe in UFOs?
- Is there anything you want me to ask you that I haven’t asked?
- What do you wish that people knew about you?
- How do you think other people perceive you?
- How do you perceive yourself?
- Are there any insecurities that you have that I can help you work on?
- What pushes you to get out of bed every morning?
- Tell me about your biggest fantasies?
- What does an ideal weekend look like for you?
- What’s your idea of romance?
- What’s your dream vacation?
- What signals can I look for to know that there is something wrong?
- What can I do to help you when something is upsetting you?
- When you’re upset, would you like me to stay and support you or give you some space?
- Do you have any health concerns that you want me to know about?
- How do you handle conflicts?
- What can I do to de-escalate you when you’re angry?
- Is there anything that other people do that annoys or angers you?
- What makes you smile?
- What are your deepest passions?
- Are you fulfilled in your job/career?
- What can I do to help support you and push you forward in your career?
- Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years from now?
- Where do you see us in 5-10 years from now?
Related: This or That Couples Questions
Relationship Check In Questions
Favorite Things Questions
- If we were to get married, what would be your expectations from me?
- If we were to have children, would you want to work or stay home?
- Who is your biggest inspiration and why?
- Have you ever been bullied? How did that change you?
- What is something that you are most proud of?
- If you were to die tomorrow, what would you want people to say about you?
- What do you think we can do to grow together as a couple instead of apart?
- Are you spiritual?
- Are you religious? If we have different beliefs on religion, how would that make you feel?
- How do you like to wind down at the end of a long day?
- Is there anything that I can do to make your day better today?
- Have you ever had to face something that you fear?
- What is your biggest fear?
- What is your biggest fear in a relationship?
- What are your thoughts on aging?
- What experiences in your life have made you a stronger person?
- Is there anything coming up in the near future that you are nervous about?
- If you could change one thing about the world, what would you change?
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would you change?
- If you could change one thing about me, what would you change?
- Do you believe in love at first sight?
- Do you believe in soul mates?
- What do I do that makes you feel sexy? Is there anything I can do to make you feel sexier?
- What’s the best way to express my love to you?
- Do you feel like I listen to you? Do you feel like I hear you?
- Do you wish that I was more affectionate towards you?
- What does your ideal wedding look like?
- Do you believe in past lives?
- Have you ever been to a psychic?
- Do you think our futures are written for us? Or that we are in control of our own futures?
- Do you have any triggers that I should know about?
- How would you compare me to your dad?
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
- If you could give me one piece of advice, what would it be?
- If I ever had to move for work, how would you feel about that?
- Are you a private or public person?
- How focused on health are you? What can we do to constantly improve our health together?
- Do you feel like I am too passive aggressive, too dominant, or a good medium?
- What is your feeling on homelessness?
- What do I do to make you laugh?
- Do you have any regrets in life?
- If you could relive one moment in your life, which moment would it be?
- If you could have dinner with anyone, alive or dead, who would you choose and why?
- If you could speak to your younger self, what would you say?
- Is there anything that people often misunderstand about you?
- Have you ever been to therapy?
- When do you want to meet my family?
- When do you want me to meet your family?
- Is there anything I should know about your family before I meet them?
- Do you know how beautiful you are?
- Do you know that I love you?
The more questions you ask your girlfriend, the better you will get to know her, and the better you will be able to treat her.
Communication is the key to a successful relationship. Make her feel special, and she’ll do the same for you!