Looking for Sunday Date Ideas?
Most of us can agree that Sunday is generally thought to be a day of rest.
But there’s lots of reasons that someone might want to go on a date on a Sunday.
Maybe your Saturday is full, or perhaps you had a great date and can’t get enough of the person.
Whatever the case, we’ve got all the best Sunday date ideas right here in our left pocket.
Sunday Morning Date Ideas
Because Sundays are generally considered a rest day, they aren’t typically thought of as a date option. But there’s no rule that says you can’t date on a Sunday.
With that being said, your Sunday is going to set the tone for the rest of your week.
It’s also your day to relax and refresh before starting another workweek. So if you do decide to date on a Sunday, we suggest keeping it chill.
There’s lots of activities out there that you and your partner can do that are calm, relaxing, and that can boost your mood for the start of your work week.
Here are some of our favorite Sunday activities for a chill date that will allow you to be home in bed by 9:
Breakfast in Bed
Maybe your Sunday date isn’t just a Sunday date? Perhaps your Sunday date is a carryover from Saturday?
That’s great news – it means that things are going well! Or perhaps you’re married and Sunday is your time together.
Whatever the case, it never hurts to start your Sunday off with a little breakfast in bed.
Breakfast in bed is one of the ultimate ways to treat and pamper someone you care about.
So if you’re feeling romantic, wake up a little earlier than your partner and make them their favorites to enjoy in bed.
Alternatively, if you both want to spend the morning relaxing, call in some delivery and snuggle up while you wait for it to arrive.
You might not feel like running a marathon or spending an hour at the gym on your lazy day, but a low-key physical outdoor activity might be just what you need to release your stress and enjoy your day.
Spending time outdoors is one of the most beneficial things you can do for both your physical and mental health.
Just 20 minutes spent outdoors has been known to reduce stress and anxiety, and boost mood and positive feelings.
There’s lots of things that you can do outdoors that are relaxing yet physical at the same time.
For a Sunday date, we recommend things like bike riding, walking, or even hiking in your favorite area.
If you and your date are both religious (or open to it), church can make a great date every Sunday.
Even if you aren’t overly religious, church can be a great way to connect with other members of the community and make new friends.
And if you both believe in faith, church can be a wonderful way to deepen your spiritual connection with one another.
Whether you’re going to a church service or enjoying a picnic with church members, church can be a great Sunday date that you can turn into a Sunday tradition.
Sunday Date Ideas
Picnic in the Park
Again, we’re going back to spending time in the great outdoors. Even if you don’t feel like doing anything physical, you can still enjoy some time in nature with a good ol’ fashioned picnic.
Grab a blanket, fill up a picnic basket, and just spend some time chatting under the trees in the park.
For many of us, Sunday means sleeping in. And that often means missing breakfast.
Sitting down over brunch is a great chance for conversation and connection, while at the same time leaving the rest of the day open if you choose to continue the date.
We all deserve to treat ourselves before we head back to a new work week. And what better way to treat yourself than with the dessert date of your choice?
Will it be pie? Cheesecake? Apple crumble? Or maybe you’ll go for the classic – ice cream.
There is never a bad time for an ice cream date, and that includes Sundays. End your weekend with a tasty treat with your date and start your work week off right.
Everyday is a great day for sports, but Sundays are better for some sports than others.
And we say that tennis is the perfect sport for couples on a Sunday afternoon.
Tennis is a game that anyone can play, and even though it’s an active sport it’s not overly tiresome. If tennis isn’t your thing, you could play similar 2 person sports like ping pong, badminton, or squash.
If you really want to get into it, check out this tennis equipment list to see what you might need.
Some people like to refer to golf as the lazy sport. We prefer to refer to it as a Sunday sport.
If running around a court isn’t your thing, golf might be for you! Golf is a sport that allows you to embrace nature, while at the same time engaging in an active, yet relaxing sport.
Golf is slow paced and doesn’t require a lot of heavy physical activity. This makes it perfect for couples who want to enjoy an activity together, but don’t necessarily want to get all hot and sweaty.
Plus, golf is a great way to get up close and personal. On a date with someone who doesn’t know how to play? Don’t be afraid to get close and show them how to swing a club!
Something New Sunday
Okay, we completely just made this one up – but we’re loving it! Why not make all of your Sundays a day to do something new?
It doesn’t matter what – try a new restaurant, walk through a new park, do something adventurous that you’ve never done before. It doesn’t matter how big or small, but doing something new and different together can improve your mood, boost your adrenaline, and get those feel good hormones flowing for deeper connections than ever before.
Sunday Night Date Ideas
A Sunday night date can be just like any other date night, but you may want to start and end it early if you have work in the morning. Here are some great Sunday night date ideas you can try:
- Cook a Fancy Dinner Together: Try cooking a special meal together, complete with appetizers, a main course, and a delicious dessert.
- Outdoor Movie Night: Set up a movie projector in your backyard or balcony and enjoy a cozy outdoor movie night under the stars.
- Board Game Night: Play your favorite board games or try a new one to challenge each other’s strategic skills.
- Stargazing: Grab a blanket and head to a nearby park or quiet spot to gaze at the stars and enjoy some quality time together.
- Live Streamed Concert or Theater Show: Check out online platforms for live-streamed concerts, plays, or comedy shows.
- Wine and Paint at Home: Get creative with a wine and paint night at home. Follow online tutorials or paint from your imagination.
- DIY Home Improvement Project: Tackle a home improvement project together, like redecorating a room or assembling furniture.
- Candlelit Bubble Bath: Create a spa-like atmosphere with a candlelit bubble bath for two, complete with soothing music.
- Virtual Travel Night: Choose a destination you both want to visit and plan a virtual trip. Watch travel documentaries, cook food from that region, and dream about future adventures.
- Take an Evening Walk: Go for a relaxing stroll in your neighborhood, holding hands and chatting about your day.
- Read Aloud to Each Other: Pick a book you both enjoy and take turns reading it aloud to each other.
- Indoor Picnic: Lay out a blanket on the living room floor and have an indoor picnic with your favorite snacks and drinks.
- Plan Your Future Together: Spend some time discussing your future plans, dreams, and aspirations as a couple.
- Karaoke Night: Sing your hearts out with a karaoke machine or through a karaoke app.
- Watch a Sunset: Find a scenic spot to watch the sunset together, bringing a thermos of hot cocoa or your favorite beverage.
- Volunteer Together: Look for virtual volunteer opportunities or ways to help your community from home.
- Bake Desserts: Bake cookies, cupcakes, or your favorite desserts together, then enjoy the sweet treats.
- Home Spa Night: Pamper each other with massages, facials, and relaxation techniques.
- Plan a Surprise Date: Take turns planning a surprise date for each other, with one partner arranging the activities and the other enjoying the surprise.
- Write Love Letters: Write heartfelt love letters to each other, expressing your feelings and appreciation.
No one said Sundays weren’t for dating. In fact, Sundays are a great day to spend some quality time getting to know your partner in a relaxing setting.
So if conversation is what you need – make your date for Sunday! Sunday Tea anyone?
Sara, a seasoned expert in wedding planning and date ideas, brings a wealth of experience to our couples blog. With a background in the television industry and hands-on involvement in a dozen weddings, including working as a wedding assistant on "My Fair Wedding with David Tutera," Sara has an innate understanding of the magic that makes weddings truly special. Growing up with four sisters has given her unique insights into the dating world, making her a go-to source for practical and heartfelt dating advice. Her knowledge and enthusiasm make her the perfect guide for couples seeking to infuse their relationships with creativity and love.