Looking for tips on how to make your girlfriend happy? Here are a few that can help.
“Happy Wife, Happy Life”.
We’ve all heard that term at some point in our lives. And while she may not be your wife yet, a happy girlfriend is also essential to your happiness.
Unfortunately, most men have no clue what women want (or so the rumor goes). And if you don’t know what your girlfriend wants, how can you make her happy?
Luckily for you, we do know what women want. So here are some things that you can do to bring about a happy girlfriend, a happy relationship, and a happy life:
How to Make Your Girlfriend Happy
Listen To Her
If you take anything at all from this article, take this point. If you want to make your girlfriend happy, just listen to her.
So many people nowadays simply don’t listen to their partner. And if you don’t listen to your partner, you can’t understand what they want.
Here’s the thing about women (or simply people in general) – no two women are the same.
While we can make generalizations about what most women want, we’re not all created equal.
Showering one woman with gifts might make her the happiest woman in the world, but for another woman, it might mean absolutely nothing.
One woman might love flowers, another might hate them.
You can only learn what your girlfriend wants by listening to her. And when you actively listen to her, it won’t take you long to figure out exactly what she needs to be happy.
Ask Her What She Needs To Be Happy
Here’s the great thing about women – if you want to know something about them, all you need to do is ask!
So if you’re having trouble figuring out what it is that would make her happy, just ask her!
Be upfront and honest with her.
This will give her a chance to tell you what she’s feeling and what she’s looking for, and will give you an opportunity to gain some valuable insight into how to improve the relationship.
Here are some questions to ask your girlfriend:
- What makes you happy?
- What makes you sad?
- What do I do that you really like?
- Is there anything you’d like me to stop doing?
- What would you like me to do more of?
- Do you like being showered with gifts?
- Or do you prefer quality time together?
The more questions you ask, the more you can learn.
Learn Her Love Language
Everyone has a love language. Psychology has labelled 5 different types:
- Words of Affirmation
- Quality time
- Physical Touch
- Acts of Service
- Receiving Gifts
Most women will know what their love language is but if not, you can take some quizzes online to discover more. Once you know her love language, you can do things that speak it, which will in turn make her happy.
If words of affirmation are her language, compliment her more.
If quality time is her language, make sure you carve time out for regular one-on-one date nights.
If physical touch is her language, make sure you give her lots of physical (non-sexual) affection throughout the day.
A woman who enjoys acts of service would love for you to do the dishes for her.
Or maybe your girlfriend would really appreciate some flowers for no special reason?
Show Her Off
All women want to feel desired, appreciated, and special. And one way that you can make her feel that way is by taking her out and showing her off.
Be proud to introduce her to your friends, be confident when you introduce her to your family, and when other girls are in the room, make your girlfriend feel like she’s the only one.
Related: How to Impress A Girl
Be Her Biggest Cheerleader
It’s often women that are thought of as cheerleaders, but we need to be cheered on too. As her boyfriend, it’s your job to be your girlfriend’s biggest cheerleader. Support her in everything that she does.
Does she have an exam coming up? Help her study.
Is she applying for a new job? Encourage her!
As a boyfriend, it’s your job to push your girlfriend to be better all the time. Never hold your girlfriend back. Support her decisions and she will be happy.
Be Confident – Not Clingy
One of the biggest turn offs for a woman is a man that is too clingy.
Yes, we want a man that is there when we need him and who wants to spend time with us. But let us go out with our girlfriends sometimes.
Let us take that trip. Let us have our own hobbies. It’s healthy for couples to have their own “things”.
Be confident in your life, and let her be confident in hers.
Being too clingy can signify that you don’t trust her – and trust is essential for the success of any relationship.
Have Fun Together
Did you know that doing new and novel things together can actually improve your relationship and help you and your girlfriend feel closer to one another?
Just the anticipation of doing something new together can actually release dopamine into our systems, which is like a reward to the pleasure center of our brain.
When we do lots of new and exciting things with our partners, we eventually begin to associate these positive feelings with them – which will make you both happier in the long run!
Try a fun couples hobby together.
Express Interests in the Things She Loves
You might not enjoy all of the same things that your girlfriend does – and that’s okay. It’s healthy and important that you and your girlfriend have your own hobbies.
But you also want to be supportive of the things she loves. You may not love dance, but if she’s a dancer, it’s important that you go to some of her recitals.
You may not have any interest in nails, but it’s okay to sit down and paint her nails once in a while.
Taking interest in the things that she loves will show her that you’re willing to go the extra mile and put in the extra effort to make her happy.
Go the Extra Mile
Women love when men go the extra mile for them. It shows your girlfriend that you care enough about her to make her a priority.
So write her a love letter.
Bring her flowers for no reason.
Help her with the dishes.
Plan a special date.
Do something sweet for her each day (it doesn’t have to be elaborate or expensive) and this will make her very happy.
Here’s a few ideas to get you started:
- Make her breakfast in bed
- Call into work and spend the day together
- Bring her coffee in the morning
- Surprise her on her lunch break for a lunch date
- Leave her post-it notes telling her how much you love her
- Send her sweet texts throughout the day
- Take a chore off of her to do list
- Give her a massage
- Have a bubble bath ready for her when she gets home
- Cook her dinner
Just Be Yourself
Remember, your girlfriend started dating you for you. So don’t change who you are to impress her. Just be yourself, and that will make your girlfriend happier than anything!
More Ways For “How To Make My Girlfriend Happy”
- Surprise her: Plan a surprise date, buy her favorite food or flowers, or do something unexpected to show her that you care and are thinking about her.
- Compliment her: Tell her how much you appreciate her and how beautiful she is. Compliments can go a long way in making her feel valued and loved.
- Show affection: Hold her hand, hug her, or give her a kiss on the cheek. Physical touch can help to strengthen the bond between the two of you and make her feel secure in the relationship.
- Be supportive: Support her goals and aspirations, and be there for her when she needs you. Encourage her and help her to achieve her dreams.
- Make time for her: Make an effort to spend quality time with her, even if it’s just a few minutes a day. Show her that she is a priority in your life.
- Show interest in her life: Ask her about her day, her hobbies, and her interests. Show her that you are genuinely interested in her life and what makes her happy.
- Be respectful: Treat her with respect and kindness, and don’t belittle her or make her feel inferior in any way.
- Communicate effectively: Communicate openly and honestly with her, and be willing to listen to her perspective. Effective communication is key to a healthy and happy relationship.
- Be romantic: Surprise her with a candlelit dinner, write her a love letter, or plan a weekend getaway. Being romantic can help to keep the spark alive in your relationship and make her feel loved and appreciated. Need help? Here’s how to be romantic.
- Show gratitude: Express your gratitude for the things she does for you, whether it’s making you dinner, doing your laundry, or simply being there for you. Let her know that you appreciate her efforts and kindness.
- Be honest: Honesty is an important aspect of any healthy relationship. Be truthful with your girlfriend and avoid keeping secrets or lying to her.
- Support her emotionally: Be there for her when she’s going through a tough time, and offer a shoulder to cry on. Let her know that you’re always there for her, no matter what.
- Take care of yourself: Taking care of your physical and mental health can indirectly make your girlfriend happy. When you’re happy and healthy, it can positively impact your relationship and make her feel more secure and content.
Making your girlfriend happy is not an impossible task. It requires effort, communication, and understanding.
Be attentive, supportive, and romantic, you can show your girlfriend that you truly care for her and value your relationship.
Remember, the key is to always be present, listen to her needs, and consistently show your love and appreciation.
By doing so, you will undoubtedly create a happier, healthier, and more fulfilling relationship with your girlfriend.
Sara, a seasoned expert in wedding planning and date ideas, brings a wealth of experience to our couples blog. With a background in the television industry and hands-on involvement in a dozen weddings, including working as a wedding assistant on "My Fair Wedding with David Tutera," Sara has an innate understanding of the magic that makes weddings truly special. Growing up with four sisters has given her unique insights into the dating world, making her a go-to source for practical and heartfelt dating advice. Her knowledge and enthusiasm make her the perfect guide for couples seeking to infuse their relationships with creativity and love.