Looking for 100 things for couples to do when you’re bored at home? Here is a list you can use!
There’s always times in your life when you’re at home and you get bored. So these things to do when you’re bored at home can help start giving you ideas of things to do the next time you’re stuck at home and don’t know what to do.
There’s only so much TV binge watching you can do, and Netflix and Chill quickly becomes old when you’re at home with your significant other.
Mixing up your days and taking some time away from the screen is always a great idea, and will help keep you both sane.
Things For Couples To Do When Bored
We’ve come up with over 100 things for you to do when you’re bored at home, so you don’t lose your mind!
Check out our Stay At Home Date Night Ideas if you’re looking for more.
During our normal routines, we get so busy with everything we have to do that we tend to neglect ourselves. This is the perfect time for some self-care dates together.
Relaxing and spending some time on yourself is a great place to start when you’re bored and don’t know what to do.
Here are our self-care ideas:
- Do Yoga
- Pray/Meditate (Prayers for Boyfriend, Prayers for her, Prayers for Husband, Good Morning Prayers For My Love, Good Night Prayers For Partner)
- Read A Devotional
- Write Letters To Your Loved Ones
- Or write love letters to your love- (love letters to her/love letters to him)
- Have A No Spend Week
- Do An Art Project
- Have An At Home Spa Day
- Learn Photography
- Try New Fitness Videos
- Do A Brain Dump
Things To Do With Your Spouse
Being bored at home is the perfect time to reconnect with one another. Turn off those screens and get some real quality time in with one another with some of these suggestions:
- Stay In Bed All Day and have a bedroom date
- Every Night Date Night
- Try New Recipes
- Start A Couples Hobby
- Work On Your Retirement Plans
- Set Aside Time Together
- Learn Each Others Love Language and do a love language challenge
(If your partners love language is words of affirmation, we have:
Words of Affirmation for Her/Words of Affirmation For Him)
- Take Personality Tests Together
- Teach Each Other Something You Know
- Create A Couples Bucket-list
And work on some of these romantic things to grow your love.
If you just want to be entertained, there are several ways to do this at home. And they all don’t have to involve a screen.
Try some of these entertainment ideas:
- Read A Book
- Binge A New Show
- Trivia Night
- Create A New Playlist
- Make A List Of Movies To Watch
- Play An Instrument
- Listen To A Podcast
- Start A Journal
- Write A Story/Book/Script
- Do A Puzzle
Things To Do With Your Boyfriend At Home…or Gf…Husband/Wife…
What a perfect time for a date night! When you’re at home and you don’t know what you want to do, add a few cute date night ideas to your list.
Some of these are fun things to do with your boyfriend or girlfriend too.
- Host A Cookoff
- Karaoke Night
- Create A 5-Year Plan
- Plan Your Next Vacation
- Learn A New Dance Together
- Breakfast In Bed for a breakfast date
- Do A Couples Painting
- Play Board Games Together
- Do An Escape Room
- Sexy Time Date
- Do some fun couples questions to get to know each other better
- Have a relationship check in
Doing some stuff around the house is a great way to pass some time and be productive too. If you have a list of things to do, get started on those.
Here are some ideas you might want to try:
- Work on a house project
- Clean out your closet
- Organize the garage
- Get Rid Of Junk
- Rearrange A Room In Your House
- Deep Clean Your Kitchen
- Set Up Your Dream Craft Room/Office/Studio
- Build A Piece Of Furniture
- Make Wall Art
Things To Do On The Computer
There’s always a bunch of computer work to do, as the internet opens your world up to everything. If you have some time on the computer, you can get lots done…
- Organize your photos
- Backup important files
- Start A Blog
- Edit Your Vacation Video
- Start A YouTube Channel
- Skype Distant Relatives
- Start A Side Hustle
- Create A Tutorial Video
- Learn A New Computer Program
- Organize Your Email
- Online Shopping
Things To Do To Help Others
Take this time to help others in need. There are still some things you can do from home without having to leave the house, like:
- Skype A Kid For An Hour
- Ask Fellow Business Friends What You Can Do To Help
- Make A Meal For An Elderly Neighbor/New Mom
- Offer To Do Your Church Website/Social Media
- Help an organization with their brochures, flyers, or buttons. Use a button maker to make these!
Get To Learning
What better time to learn something new, than when you’re bored at home. There are so many free options on YouTube and other sites that can teach you pretty much anything you want to learn.
Here are some things you can do to help you get started learning new things:
- Watch A Documentary
- Listen To Ted Talks
- Binge YouTube Videos On A Subject You Want To Learn
- Read Educational Literature
- Learn A New Language
- Freshen Up On Your Skills
- Start A New Bookkeeping Plan
- Learn an Art like Painting or Crochet
Try these fast Christmas gifts to crochet.
Turn your boredom into some cold hard cash! There are so many different ways to earn a few extra bucks with the extra time you have on your hands.
Some of our favorites include:
- Sell Your Old Clothes On Poshmark, Mecari, Ebay, etc.
- Start An Etsy Shop
- Sell Your Photos On Stock Photo Sites
- Become An Amazon Seller
- Do Online Surveys
- Become An Affiliate Seller For Products
- Teach English Online
- Ghostwrite For Bloggers
- Create New Recipes And Sell To Food Blogs
- Become An Online Tutor
Your creativity can suffer when you sit at home all day staring at the TV screen. Instead, get creative by doing some new and fun creativity projects.
- Make Photo Books Online
- Scrapbook Old Photos
- Write A Children’s Book
- Paint A Piece of Furniture
- Write A Movie Script
- Spend Some Time Coloring
- Illustrate A Comic Book
- Do A Paint By Number Painting
- Build Some Awesome Lego Sets (and use this DIY LEGO storage)
The backyard is still “at home”, so get outside, get some fresh air, and pick a few of your favorite activities:
- Picnic In The Backyard
- Go Stargazing Together
- Make S’mores
- Watch A Movie Outside
- Play Catch or do a Fun Sport For Couples
- Have Your Own BBQ
- Tent Camping
- Plant A Garden
- Play Fetch With Your Dog and make it a Dog Friendly Date.
- Get Some Vitamin D
Things For Couples To Do At Home
- Have a movie marathon date with your favorite films or TV shows.
- Cook a new recipe together and enjoy a homemade candlelit dinner.
- Have a couples game night with board games for couples, card games, or video games.
- Create a scrapbook or photo album of your favorite memories together.
- Have a DIY project date and work on a home improvement or craft project.
- Take turns giving each other massages.
- Have a themed dinner night and prepare dishes from a specific cuisine. Like from these Disney date ideas.
- Write love letters to each other and exchange them over a romantic dinner.
- Learn a new dance routine together.
- Set up a cozy tent date in your backyard.
- Take on a puzzle challenge or solve crosswords together.
- Plan and prepare a dream vacation itinerary for future travels.
- Have a karaoke night and sing your favorite songs together.
- Set up a romantic indoor picnic with candles and soft music.
- Have a photo shoot at home, dressing up and taking fun or romantic pictures.
- Play truth or dare and learn new things about each other. Or try our game of truth or drink or do or drink for a fun couples drinking game.
- Plan and host a group date game night with friends.
- Write a short story or a poem together, taking turns adding lines.
- Have a bake-off and compete to see who can make the best dessert.
- Do a home workout or yoga session together for an active date idea.
- Create a vision board together, visualizing your goals and dreams as a couple.
- Have a spa night at home with face masks, foot soaks, and relaxation.
- Build a fort with blankets and pillows, then have a cozy movie night inside.
- Take turns teaching each other a new skill or couples hobby you’re passionate about.
- Create a couples bucket list of activities and experiences you want to do together.
- Have a wine or beer tasting night, trying different varieties and discussing flavors.
- Have a virtual double date with another couple and play couples online games or quizzes.
- Plan a surprise date night at home, complete with decorations, favorite meals, and activities.
- Write and perform a skit or play together, showcasing your creativity.
- Dedicate a day to decluttering and organizing your home, making it a more pleasant space to enjoy together.
There is so much you can do when you are bored at home. You just have to decide if you want to relax or be productive.
This list has some great ideas just to get you started, so now you can think of some things you want to do or accomplish while you’re bored out of your mind at home.
Sara, a seasoned expert in wedding planning and date ideas, brings a wealth of experience to our couples blog. With a background in the television industry and hands-on involvement in a dozen weddings, including working as a wedding assistant on "My Fair Wedding with David Tutera," Sara has an innate understanding of the magic that makes weddings truly special. Growing up with four sisters has given her unique insights into the dating world, making her a go-to source for practical and heartfelt dating advice. Her knowledge and enthusiasm make her the perfect guide for couples seeking to infuse their relationships with creativity and love.