Searching for some fun things to do for a couple?
Finding things that you have in common is essential to the success of any relationship.
The more things that you enjoy doing together, the more time you can spend together, and the deeper your connection will become. Finding a fun couples hobby can really give you some good time together.
You won’t enjoy doing everything together – it’s normal and healthy to have your own separate interests too.
But allow us to help you find some things that you might enjoy doing together as a couple to make your relationship even stronger.
Fun Things To Do As A Couple
Learn A New Language
As a child, learning a new language comes pretty easy to us. As adults, not so much.
So if you’re looking to learn a new language, it’s great to have a partner that can study with you and push you to continue moving forward even when you’re struggling.
But learning a new language together won’t just benefit you as a couple – it will also improve your traveling skills.
You can encourage and motivate yourselves to learn quickly with a trip to a country that speaks the language once you’re more fluent in it.
Physical movement is essential to our overall health and well-being.
Unfortunately, with the hustles and bustles of everyday life, we often forget about the importance of working out.
A partner can be a great motivator to ensure that you move your body everyday.
Choose what you will do together and then hold each other accountable to do it. Yoga, Pilates, Cardio – do them at home together or in a class.
You’ll both feel closer as a couple and feel better about yourselves too!
Try some of these couples sports.
Take Lessons Together
You’re never too old to stop learning. In fact, you should always continue to grow and expand your mind and skills as you get older.
Taking lessons together is a great way to do this while at the same time spending more time with each other.
Choose a class that you can both enjoy.
There’s plenty out there to choose from – Mixology classes, dance classes, cooking classes, rock climbing classes – there’s literally a class out there for any kind of interest.
Decide whether you’ll take the class online or in person, and then commit to enjoy learning a new skill together each week!
Food is the key to a man’s heart – and it may just be true that it’s the key to a woman’s as well.
And whether we’re beginners or pro chefs, we can all learn more about cooking and benefit from healthier, more delicious meals.
So why not learn to cook together?
You can take online lessons, in person lessons, or simply try out new recipes that you find online.
Take turns cooking each other’s meals, or cook them together!
Once you know your way around the kitchen a little better, you could get a little more competitive too, seeing who can cook the best meal!
Or go on a cooking class date!
Get Outdoors Together
Being active together doesn’t necessarily require you to workout at the gym or in a class. There’s lots of fun ways to be more active together. Check out all our outdoor date ideas.
Whether you go for a simple walk around the block together every night or hike a new mountain every weekend – being active doesn’t have to be one-dimensional.
If walking or hiking don’t peak your interest, what about biking, running, rock-climbing, or swimming?
When it comes to volunteering, everyone wins. Volunteers are essential to the community.
Their time and attention makes a huge difference wherever they choose to work.
And wherever you choose to devote your attention, you will also benefit.
Volunteering makes you feel good about something you’re doing. In return, your self-confidence and overall life satisfaction are boosted.
It also looks great on a resume and can give you a sense of pride.
Choose together where you’d like to make a difference.
A local shelter? An animal care centre? Your local library?
Almost any community center can benefit from your help as a couple.
Things To Do: For A Couple
Make Short Form Social Media Videos Together
By now, most of us know what Tik Tok is. But on the occasion that you don’t – allow us to elaborate.
Tik Tok is a social media video hosting platform that allows users to post short videos of 10-15 seconds. The platform is full of emotional videos, funny videos, pranks, stunts, and dances.
And it can be a great hobby to get into together.
Whether you’re pranking each other, creating new recipes together, or learning all the new Tik Tok dances and challenges (like this couples target challenge, how well do you know me, or Couples Tag challenge) Tik Toking together is a great way to have a good laugh while enjoying each other’s company.
Do you ever feel like your partner never stops talking? Or maybe it’s you that likes to chat. Or both of you?
If you and your partner have great conversations – why not share them with the world?
Podcasting can be a great way to bond with each other, meet new people, and share your opinions with others.
If you are an opinionated couple that likes to chat – start a podcast together. Even if it doesn’t blow up, you’ll still have a great time chatting and bonding together.
Sometimes we all just need to slow down a little bit.
Meditation can be a great way to clear your mind of your daily stresses and just get back to feeling calm and peaceful.
And the connectedness that you feel from your inner well being will be beneficial to your relationship too. Sometimes silence is exactly what you need.
Start a Business Together
If you’re confident that your relationship will continue to grow, you might want to invest into yourselves.
Maybe you’d like to look into starting a business together?
Whether you choose to open something local or invest in something online, building a business is investing in your future.
Plus, it’s a great way to spend more time with each other and look forward to the future together.
Try your hand at creating your own designs for t-shirts, stickers, or other products you can sell on Etsy. See the best iPad for drawing if you’re into this idea!
101 Things For Couples To Do
- Cook a meal together
- Play a board game
- Take a dance class
- Go on a hike
- Have a picnic
- Visit a museum
- Take a road trip, play road trip games & ask some fun couples road trip questions
- Attend a concert
- Have a movie marathon
- Build a puzzle
- Try a new sport
- Go on a bike ride
- Plan a weekend getaway
- Attend a comedy show
- Take a pottery class
- Go to a wine tasting
- Visit a botanical garden
- Take a scenic drive- a fun car date!
- Have a game night with friends for a double date game night
- Have a zoo date
- Have a couples spa day
- Take a cooking class
- Go stargazing
- Attend a sports game
- Have a karaoke night
- Go to a farmer’s market
- Take a painting class or do a paint & sip at home and do a couples painting
- Have a beach day
- Go on a camping trip and try some couples camping activities
- Visit an amusement park
- Take a hot air balloon ride
- Have a bonfire
- Visit a vineyard
- Attend a festival
- Take a ceramics class
- Go visit family
- Have a photo shoot
- Take a yoga class
- Visit a historical landmark
- Go to a drive-in movie
- Have an at home spa day
- Take a salsa class
- Go on a ghost tour
- Attend a book reading
- Take a dance class
- Have a barbecue
- Go to a jazz club
- Take a mixology class
- Try an escape room
- Have a park date
- Visit an aquarium
- Attend a Broadway show
- Take a scenic train ride
- Have a wine night at home
- Go to a music festival
- Play mini-golf
- Have a board game tournament
- Take a scenic helicopter ride
- Go on a whale watching tour
- Have a home improvement day at home
- Go stand-up paddleboarding
- Go on a kayaking adventure
- Visit a nearby city
- Have a video game night
- Attend a local fair or carnival
- Go to a trivia night at a bar
- Try a trapeze class
- Go to a stand up mic night
- Re-decorate a room
- Take a mix-and-match cooking challenge
- Go on a snowshoeing adventure
- Visit a haunted house or ghost town
- Have a baking competition
- Go on a sunset sailboat cruise
- Attend a murder mystery dinner party
- Take a guided tour of a historical site
- Do a workout couples challenge
- Go to a farmer’s market and cook a meal with fresh ingredients
- Take a photography class
- Go on a glamping trip
- Craft beer or wine tasting
- Take a glass blowing class
- Go on a brewery tour
- Visit a nearby national park
- Have a themed costume party
- Take a pottery wheel class
- Go to a food festival
- Have a outdoor movie screening at home- with a backyard tent date
- Go on a hot springs retreat
- Take a ballroom dance class
- Go ice skating
- Have a talent show at home
- Go on a horseback riding adventure
- Go Rollerskating
- Have a picnic in a botanical garden
- Go on a zipline adventure
- Visit a nearby lake and go fishing
- Have a photo scavenger hunt
- Take a mixology class and create your own signature cocktails
- Go on a motorcycle ride
- Have a themed dinner party with costumes and decorations
Romantic Things To Do Together
- Take a sunset walk on the beach
- Share a candlelit dinner at home
- Go stargazing on a clear night
- Take a hot air balloon ride
- Have a picnic in a secluded spot
- Take a couples massage class
- Write love letters to each other
- Spend a day in bed together- try these bedroom date ideas
- Cook a meal together and feed each other
- Take a bath or shower together for a sexy date
- Go on a romantic getaway
- Watch the sunrise together
- Have a bonfire and roast marshmallows
- Take a scenic train ride together
- Go on a romantic hike
- Watch a movie under the stars
- Go on a weekend road trip
- Have a private wine tasting
- Take a dance class together
- Plan a surprise date for each other
- Do a photo booth session
- Swim in the hot springs
- Attend a concert or show together
- Have a picnic in a vineyard
- Visit a romantic city
- Go on a horse-drawn carriage ride
- Talk to each other and try these couples question games
- Take a romantic boat ride
- Write a list of reasons you love your partner
- Have a romantic dinner at a fancy restaurant.
- Make a DIY Date Jar to complete together
There’s lots of ways that you and your partner can spend more time together. Find something that you both love to do, or want to learn to do, and then invest time into that each week (or day).
Sara, a seasoned expert in wedding planning and date ideas, brings a wealth of experience to our couples blog. With a background in the television industry and hands-on involvement in a dozen weddings, including working as a wedding assistant on "My Fair Wedding with David Tutera," Sara has an innate understanding of the magic that makes weddings truly special. Growing up with four sisters has given her unique insights into the dating world, making her a go-to source for practical and heartfelt dating advice. Her knowledge and enthusiasm make her the perfect guide for couples seeking to infuse their relationships with creativity and love.