Want some Low Key Date Ideas?
Sometimes dates can feel like they take a lot of effort. Putting on makeup, choosing the right outfit – it can be a lot of work and time consuming.
Sometimes we just don’t feel like putting in all of that work for a date. And that’s okay!
There’s lots of easy date ideas out there that don’t require getting dressed to the nines. Whether it’s your first date, you’re tired, or you just feel like doing something chill, we have all the best low key date ideas right here!
Low Key Date Ideas for Your First Date
Your first date can be pretty exciting, and you’re probably going to want to look your best. But that doesn’t mean that you have to go all out. Sometimes, overdoing a first date can be too much.
Your date might not want to have a 5 star dinner or go on a hot air balloon ride for the first date – that might be overdoing it. Sometimes it’s best to just keep things chill. This way, you can enjoy the date without all of the pressure.
Here are 3 Low Key Date Ideas for your first date:
Who doesn’t love some coffee in the morning? Heck, we’ll take coffee in the morning, afternoon, or night! And coffee makes for a great first date idea. Firstly, coffee shops can be super quaint, cute, and romantic.
But they’re also in a public place, making them a safe spot to meet up for a first date. Plus, you can dress however you want. No one will look twice if you’re all dressed up – or if you’re just in your lounge wear!
And an added bonus? Coffee can help to ease your first date nerves and get the conversation flowing. Try these first date questions to get started.
I scream, You Scream, We All Scream for Ice Cream! There’s really never a bad time for an ice cream date.
Head to your local ice cream shop and try each other’s favorite flavors. Ice cream makes for a quick, low pressure date idea. And if you’re not enjoying each other’s company, you can leave when the ice cream’s done!
Or, if you’re loving the company, you can continue on for a nice stroll afterwards.
This may sound a little strange, but volunteering for your first date can be a great way to connect with one another. There’s nothing in this world that feels better than helping others – and doing it together can help to bring you closer.
You don’t have to get all dolled up to volunteer – in fact, usually the opposite is true. And if you can’t find anything to talk about, you’ll be working anyways – so it will help take the pressure off.
Plus, you’ll quickly find out what kind of person your date is when you volunteer together.
More Chill First Date Ideas
- Smoothie date: Meet at a lively smoothie joint for a relaxed conversation over your favorite fruity beverages.
- Board game night: Have a fun and lighthearted evening playing board games for couples or card games at a local board game café.
- Farmers market stroll: Explore a farmers market together, try out some samples, and enjoy the vibrant atmosphere.
- Art gallery visit: Visit a local art gallery or museum and discuss the artwork you come across.
- Bookstore browsing: Spend time together in a bookstore, browsing through your favorite genres and discussing interesting books.
- Nature walk: Take a leisurely walk through a nature trail or park, appreciating the beauty of the outdoors.
- Cooking or baking together: Plan to cook a simple meal or bake some cookies together. It’s a fun way to bond and share a delicious outcome.
- Mini golf: Challenge each other to a friendly game of mini golf and enjoy some laughs along the way.
Not your first date? That’s okay! Maybe you’ve been together for a while now and are just feeling a little lazy for date night. We’ve got you covered!
Low Key Date Ideas when you’re tired:
Netflix and Chill
We almost feel like we don’t even need to say this one because it’s so obvious, but it wouldn’t be a “chilled out” date list without the ultimate Netflix and Chill. Grab some popcorn and a few of your favorite snacks and binge it out.
Will you watch a movie or binge watch a series? It doesn’t matter! As long as you’re comfortable and cuddling – Netflix and Chill is the best laid back date idea.
Check out these TV Shows for Couples if you need some ideas on what to watch.
If you really just need some time to relax and rejuvenate, a spa night might be exactly what the doctor called for. This is a great relaxing date idea because you can go out to a couples spa for full treatment, or you can stay home and host your own spa night together!
Fill up a hot bubble bath, rub on a face mask, and give each other a sensual massage. It’s romantic and relaxing!
Whether you’re a book geek or not, reading to each other can be super romantic. Find a book you can both enjoy and take turns reading aloud together under a tree (or in bed).
If you have different interests, reading beside each other together can be just as romantic!
Or turn this into a library date!
More Chill Dates
- Movie night at home: Set up a cozy movie night at home with your favorite snacks, blankets, and a selection of movies or a TV series to binge-watch.
- Takeout dinner and music: Order some delicious takeout from your favorite restaurant and enjoy a relaxed evening with your favorite tunes. This is a great affordable date!
- Puzzle or board game night: Challenge each other to solve a puzzle together or play a board game that doesn’t require too much energy or concentration.
- Indoor picnic: Spread out a blanket on the living room floor, prepare some finger foods or a charcuterie board, and have a cozy indoor picnic.
- Dessert date: Pick up some sweet treats from a local bakery or ice cream parlor and enjoy them together while having a relaxed conversation.
- Arts and crafts for a DIY Date: Engage in a creative activity such as painting, drawing, or crafting. It can be a therapeutic and enjoyable way to spend time together.
- Star gazing date: Set up some blankets on your balcony or backyard and spend the evening observing the stars. You can use stargazing apps to identify constellations.
- Board game cafe: If you don’t want to stay at home, visit a local board game cafe where you can relax, enjoy some snacks, and play a variety of board games.
Low Key Date Ideas when You Just Want to Chill
Sometimes it’s not that we’re tired and want to stay in, sometimes it’s just that we just don’t feel like getting all dressed up. For times like those, we have some awesome “just chill” date ideas:
Potluck Pajama Date
Don’t feel like cooking dinner? Have a Potluck Pajama date night with friends. You get to see your friends, stay in your pajamas, and you don’t have to cook a full dinner!
It’s the ultimate lazy date idea if you have enough energy for socializing with your friends on a group date but still want to be chill.
Walk in the Park
Getting outdoors is great for the soul – and it’s also a great place to chill. If you have a nice park in your area, may we recommend going for a nice stroll for this park date?
Lay under a tree and read a book, pack a picnic for your date, people watch, or just stroll hand and hand in the sunset. It will relax and refresh you without having to get all dolled up.
Here’s another classic that can never go wrong. Bowling. Bowling makes for a great date for so many reasons.
Whether it’s your first date or your 100th date, a little friendly competition is always a good idea. It doesn’t take any effort, plus, it’s a great excuse to check out your dates butt!
More Low Key Dates
- Food truck outing: Try out some food trucks in your area. Hit a couple to do all the meal courses.
- Video game night at home: Have a cozy game night at home with video games.
- Outdoor movie night date: Set up a movie screen or projector in your backyard or a local park. Bring blankets, snacks, and enjoy a movie under the stars.
- Beach date or lake day: Spend a relaxing day at the beach or by a nearby lake. Enjoy swimming, sunbathing, or having a picnic.
- Escape room: Challenge yourselves by participating in an escape room experience. Work together to solve puzzles and find clues to escape within a set time limit.
- Paint and sip date: Attend a paint and sip session where you can unleash your creativity while enjoying a glass of wine or beverage of your choice. Follow along with a painting tutorial or create your own artwork side by side. It’s a laid-back and artistic date idea where you’ll go home with something to hang up in your house after.
- Axe throwing: Try your hand at axe throwing at a local axe throwing venue. It’s a unique and thrilling activity that can be a lot of fun.
If you’re looking forward to a date, but aren’t so excited about all of the get up that comes along with it, try one of these chill date ideas above.
Remember, you don’t have to get dolled up or fancy to have a good time – it’s about who you’re with, not how you’re dressed or where you’re going!